“Only Place to Stay in Red Deer”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good location in Gasoline Alley. Friendly staff, very clean, quiet and nicely appointed rooms. I believe this is one of Red Deer's newest hotels. Nothing at all to complain about, not even a little. I have stayed at several other locations in Red Deer recently and have been very dissapointed - wish I had discovered this hotel sooner. I will definately return and that says a lot!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Aklak, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the very positive feedback! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and plan on returning. I will share your review with the Holiday Inn Team. Happy Travels!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Do not be fooled with the other two Holiday Inns in Red Deer they are old and not up to par.
This property is new, clean and in an excellent location( right off of Highway 2)
The service is excellent and the breakfast great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank birtleman
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Birtleman, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with your stay and also enjoyed your breakfast in our Boulevard restaurant. We are very proud to offer our guests a great inhouse dining experience, with high quality menu selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I hope you will choose our hotel again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean and the staff is friendly but if you have an extended stay be aware that their cable or satellite television offering is very poor. If you like news or sports it's OK. Aside from that be prepared to read for entertainment because the TV won't help.

Also the curtains don't block out much light.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the fifth floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Boredalot, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to hear you found the staff friendly and the hotel clean. We have a great team here and I will pass along those kind comments. I was sorry to hear you were disappointed with the tv channel selection. I have since reviewed our station selection and enabled some additional channels. I realize extended stays in hotels can be boring, so I understand your concern. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope you will consider our hotel on your next visit to Red Deer. Best Regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night, and it was fantastic. It's a lovely hotel. My GPS also had trouble finding it, but I used a nearby hotel's address to get me to the right area.

The hotel was immaculate, and everyone at reception was friendly and helpful. I found the rooms to be spacious, and especially liked the large desk (I was travelling with two five-year olds and a 13-month old, so that large was desk was very helpful -- the five-year olds could both colour and write in their trip journals while the 13-month old napped).

The kids liked the pool and waterslide, and I liked the hot tub. It's more of a warm tub, but that suits me perfectly.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and found it to be good and reasonably priced. The kids' breakfasts were under $4 each.

Like most of the hotels in Red Deer, this one is close to the highway. Some traffic noise is to be expected, but it wasn't that bad. The rooms are fairly quiet -- I could hear my neighbour's TV while trying to fall asleep, but I think that's pretty common. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Lindsaydu, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Its great to hear you and your family had a great experience during your stay with us. We have a great team here and I will pass along your kind remarks. Our pool and slide are very popular with young families, so I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it. We are pleased to be able to offer our guests quality inhouse dining with our Boulevard Restaurant which offers in addition to our Holiday Inn breakfast menu, a full lunch and dinner menu. I hope you will consider again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here a few months ago and unfortunately our room was next to a hospitality suite. As a result, the noise level was unacceptable. We voiced our concerns with hotel management and the Guest Services Manager, ‘Keerthi’ contacted us later and promised to offer us a better experience second time around.

We recently decided to take advantage of this offer. We contacted Keerthi at short notice and to our surprise, he remembered who we were and what he proposed to make our next visit more successful.

Keerthi delivered 100%! We stay at a lot of hotels and it’s rare to find someone that takes ownership and values true customer service! For this, we wish to thank him and the hotel for going above and beyond to make things right for us.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, very spacious, impeccably clean and quiet. In addition to the amenities one would expect in a hotel room, the suites include a fridge, microwave, kettle/Keurig coffee maker and an iPhone/iPod docking station!

Location is excellent; right in Gasoline Alley and you can’t miss it from Highway 2 on either direction.

In appreciation for the customer service, we decided to try the attached Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge for dinner. The food selection was diverse and choosing from the lunch menu wasn’t a problem. The food was good and our server, Amanda, was excellent.

The pool and hot tub area is clean, bright and spacious however the gym room is little confined.

Overall, we have received fantastic service from this particular location. We would recommend it to friends and intend to return on our future visits!

Room Tip: Ask about the king with in-room jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl S
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear your positive feedback and I am thrilled that you took a chance and gave us another opportunity to give you a great guest experience. I have passed along your kind remarks to both Keerthi and Amanda. We are fortunate to have The Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge in the hotel to give our guests top quality food without having to leave the hotel. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon, we have an amazing Las Vegas Style Brunch every Sunday. Happy Travels!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I actually attended a course in a nearby town and booked a stay at this hotel because of its excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I
My only issue is that I had problems getting there because Onstar had no record of the place. That led me on a merry-go-round but I reached there eventually. Google has directions but Onstar doesn't? Strange. Nonetheless, my stay was excellent and the staff very accomodating.
I had to check out late - 8pm - the next day and instead of billing an extra day, the Manager worked out a special rate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Dear NSRAlberta, Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I will pass along your comments to the staff. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff so accommodating. Sorry you had some difficulty in locating us, as we are such a new property some GPS systems have not updated yet. We hope to have this rectified very soon. I hope you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

When planning a trip to Red Deer this month, we made sure to choose this property due to its high ranking on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint. When the GPS didn't cooperate and we had some difficulty finding the hotel, a staff member drove to meet us and bring us to the property.

We needed directions to the movie theatre, and a waitress at the restaurant made the most detailed map I have ever seen.

The hotel room was exceptionally clean. The bed was comfortable. There were two different types of pillows provided to help satisfy even the most particular guest :) Overall, I could not be happier with how well the room was set up. This was the first hotel I've stayed at with a microwave oven in the room!

The lobby area is very inviting. We had the pleasure of eating at the restaurant several times. Their executive chef made it routine to come out and meet the diners regularly. The menu is versatile with many unique dishes. We ate there five times (one brunch, two lunches, two suppers), and the food was top notch. I was somewhat surprised by the high price of the steaks on the menu (compared to other items on the menu that appeared to be more in line with what I was used to), but this just encouraged us to try some other amazing food :)

The Sunday brunch deserves its own paragraph! The brunch had wonderful food decorations made of fruit and chocolate. The brunch had usual food, fish, pork, seafood, salads, cheese, and so much more! There was a chef there to make prawn and brandied flambe, omlettes and cut up a pork roast. Worth every penny!

We spent some time by the pool and in the hot tub and were impressed with the quality of that area.

We only stayed for 3 nights, but the quality of the accommodations, the warm staff, the modern facilities and the restaurant will make it hard not to come back soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian H
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Dear Brian, Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of your stay with us. I am sorry you had some difficulty in getting to the hotel, but thrilled to hear the staff ensured you made it! I made sure that all the staff involved saw your kind words. We are lucky to have a great team at the hotel. Its also nice to hear you enjoyed your meal in the Boulevard Restaurant. The Sunday Brunch is very popular in Red Deer as the chef ensures there is a large and diverse array of the highest quality selections to please any palate. I hope you will come see us again on your next visit to Red Deer. Happy Travels!