Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel was amazing, when you walking in it's very inviting with a fire plase right there. We stayed in a family suite. The rooms were big, lots of room for our family of five. The pool was great, my kids didnt want to leave. An the resturant was very comforting, the food amazing. I had a chicken dinner which was cook perfect,I was very impressed. Our waitress was very friendly and pleasant. What was great was because we were staying in the hotel, our girls got there meals for free. Well as you can see I loved the hotel, You've got the try it....Tammy

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was at this hotel for 3weeks for work . Brand new clean modern hotel! Friendly Staff done a great job making you feel at home. Rooms are very nice and very spacious! Housekeeping does a spotless job everyday. If you go to this hotel make sure you have a few meals from the boulevard restaurant, the food is top notch. Breakfast is very good as well!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Barry L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel for your visit to Red Deer

We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Included in the hotel we have massive water park for your family to enjoy. Next time please try out the Boulevard Restaurant and Lounge and its Vegas Style Sunday Brunch with a verity of food stations for you to enjoy, thanks to our award winning Chef Emmanuel David!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other travelers.

Please feel free to contact me directly when you are ready to make your reservation for your next stay with us.
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was open spacious and cozy. The restaurant was set up nice and the food was wonderful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We had booked 3 rooms for a night, all were lovely and clean with bathrobes in each room, the rooms were quite spacious.
Beds comfortable, flat screen Tvs in all rooms as well as wi-fi. Would stay again, I like the fact that the Holiday Inn are revamping their hotels as well as style.
Excellent and friendly staff, nice little resteraunt in Lobby area as well.

Con's
Lovely rooms trying to be a little classier but you give us plastic ice buckets as well as super cheap plastic cups? But that is the only negative I have noticed at all the of the newer Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: If you want to have a bath make sure you ask for a room with a tub, not all rooms have tubs
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hello Jillanna, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the feedback and use this information to improve our guest experience. I am really happy to hear that your group enjoyed their stay with us and were happy with both the staff and facilities. I am going to pass along your positive comments to the staff. I hope you will come stay with us again on your next visit to Red Deer. Happy Travels!
houston, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Nice to find this beautiful new hotel in Red Deer! Everything is clean and new. The hotel is right off the highway and easy to get to. The rooms are very nicely appointed, with a fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee maker and tea kettle. Nice local flavor to the restaurant and room service offerings.

Room Tip: Make sure you belong to the Priority Club program to get special deals and considerations.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

The management and staff at this hotel have been excellent to work with. They are all so friendly and personable. I will be making this hotel my choice of stay whenever I'm in Red Deer.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank MichaelJWillms
Suranga K, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Hello Michael, Thank you for your generous comments on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback on our hotel and have passed on your kind comments to our staff. Sincerely,
Suranga Keerthi
Guest Services Manager
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I recently spent 5 nights at this property during the Agri-Trade farm show, I found this property to be perfectly suited to either a business or leisure traveler. I travel through Red Deer every 6 weeks or so on business and usually stay at the Holiday Inn property on 67th St, that won't be the case anymore. This hotel has top notch staff; helpful, professional and courteous. Upon check in I mentioned I get a much better corporate rate then what I was receiving, but due to the farm show all rates were blacked out, and understandably so. The guest service manager mentioned because I was platinum with priority club she would see if she could juggle some rooms and find me an upgrade. I went to grab a bite to eat at The Boulevard restaurant onsite, and before my lunch was finished the manager had a new room key and an upgrade to a king suite. As someone who stays more than 60 nights a year in hotels a decent restaurant is something I look for while traveling. This property has an excellent restaurant, I ate every breakfast there and several dinners. Food was excellent and not your typical hotel standard. The rooms are fantastic, spacious and very clean. I believe this hotel opened a few weeks ago, so there is still a new car smell. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and when traveling through Red Deer will make this my hotel of choice. The hotel is located off gasoline alley, restaurants, amenities and Westerner Park is within very close proximity.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business