“Questionable menu”

Dining options: Late Night
Red Deer, Canada
“Questionable menu”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

After being a long standing patron of Bo's Bar and Grill the new menu is a huge disappointment. I miss the days of having a hard time choosing what to eat because there were too many choices of excellent food. Now all they have is smoked chicken or pork.

This time while trying to decide what to order we saw a Boston pizza delivery guy dropping off a pizza for the staff. They took the pizza to the kitchen, put it on plates and brought it back to the bar to eat. If the staff won't eat the food how can I? We have not been back since.

Red deer
“WORST HALLOWEEN BASH EVER”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Halloween costume contest? No more like completely rigged , maybe Bo's should recognize the people who actually put time and effort into their costumes and not their "homies" by far billy bobs has the best costume contest maybe you shoulda take some tips from them , I will never go back to Bo's again and I'll make sure I tell everyone how unfair and dishonest it was.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Prrfect_in_prrple13
Calgary, Canada
“Watered down booze”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife and I went out for our birthday supper and drinks Friday Oct 25th. We ordered a double long island iced tea (short) each and wings, the drinks that we received were very weak and tasted just like water. The wings were very well cooked and tasted great. After we got our food the waitress was nowhere to be found. Probably wont go back due to the watered down booze and poor service that we got that night. Sure was a damper on the birthday celebrations.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Barneys1
Red Deer, Canada
“God food, Good Service, GREAT WING NIGHT”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went to Bo's Friday Night - the place was busy but not overly so - our group of 10 was seated in good time. -

They had some good specials - (as they have a feature special every night)

The band was terrific - they did a great job covering many artists without sounding like "Karaoke Night" .

Bo's has "one of the best" if not THE BEST "Wednesday Wing Night" - wings are $0.25 each - min order of 10 wings - (that's only $2.50!!!) - try several different flavours - everything from sweet to spicey hot - or go with the Salt & Pepper and use the dipping sauces for the zing

Menu choices range from steak sandwiches , salads, and the like, to the more common "deep fried" pub stuff...

Service was also very good

I have been to Bo's a few times now - and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite spots to stop in Red Deer!!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gord H
Red Deer
“Best Atmosphere in Town!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been going to Bo's for years. There is no pub atmosphere that quite like Bo's. The best way to explain it is a mix between a dive bar and a fancy pub (it is neither). It's a casual fun joint with tons of space and great drinks. Their pints of beer for some reason taste amazing to me. A pint of Budweiser and a side of clamato. Yum! They have lots on tap. The management has recently changed so the menu has gotten smaller. Bo's is the best place in town for Wing Wednesday ($2.50 for 10) but unforunately they have taken away about 2/3 of the flavours they used to have (including mild which was made with hot suace and ketchup mixed together, I miss that flavour!). Since management has changed the food prices in general have gone way up and a lot of the "lunch" type meals are $14 +. That seems to be the norm for lots of pubs now. Lunch is getting too expensive!

All in all I love Bo's especially in the fall/winter season!

• Visited September 2013