“Sad and Dated”

Travelodge Red Deer
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed February 6, 2014

It is truly a shame this property is in the state that it is in. Although you can tell some attempts to update such as the lobby and breakfast area but where it really matters such as the rooms it looks like nothing has been done for many, many years. For example, brass light fixtures from early 1980's, flower pattern wing back chairs, no easy access electrical outlet, dated tiles & fixtures in the bathroom, drafty windows and a bed that I swear must be 25 plus years old and hard as a rock. The staff are absolutely wonderful with welcoming smiles and a great attitude. Sad they don't have a great product to compliment them. On the up side I will say the room was clean however when a room is as dated as this was its hard to feel the clean, if you know what I mean. Unfortunately my family and I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Red Deer

Reviewed January 29, 2014

swimming pool is cold and old... so can't really enjoy that but the room is ok for the price, I was in one of the outside rooms in a very cold day but it was rely warm inside with is good, the room service was good ok

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I couldn't use the deadbolt on the door. The deadbolt didn't match up with the door jam. That was the biggest thing. The room was ok - didn't spend much time there. The room was a bit shabby, could use a good paint job. There was a light switch by the door, but it didn't seem to be connected with anything inside the room, so I had to leave the door open so I could see where the nearest table lamp was. Didn't use any of the facilities.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2014

It was not a bad experience clean rooms good service it was a bite strange to go outside after you got off the elevator all in all it was a good stay COULD PROBABLY stay there again and if you are not looking for fancy your good

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel onJan 9 2014. When I checked in had a wonderful experience. When I checked out had the worst experience. The Front Desk person would not give me a receipt for my room, said I had to get it online. I asked to have 5 pages faxed and charged to my room, she couldn't do that, I said Ok thinking I could pay with debit, but couldn't do that either. I had to pay with cash, to fax 5 pages cost $7.50 if I would have known that before she faxed them I would have went to Staples for considerably less. I asked for a receipt for the $7.50 and she couldn't give me that either. This will be the last time I stay at this hotel. I have been traveling for 26 years and have never had this before. All other Hotels/Motels are more then happy to fax for a small fee and charge to my room and some will let the fee go.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is the first time I have ever written a hotel review. I am the tournament coordinator for my sons soccer team, and as such I am charged with finding team accommodations. The team decided last minute to enter a tournament in Red Deer. I called every hotel and the Travelodge was the only hotel that could accommodate the players and parents. I was very hesitant as the reviews were not great. It came down to a choice of staying there and participating or not going at all. We decided to stay and were pleasantly surprised. Booking for the team was easy enough thanks to Bell. Yes the rooms are small, old, and outdated but all of our rooms were clean and tidy.(TV's look like they had been updated) It was the staff that most impressed us. They were very accommodating, friendly and genuinely happy to have our business. The boys had a great time in and out of the pool (although the hot tub was closed for renovations). The staff greeted them every time we came back to the hotel and asked all about the game, and didn't even mind when they re-enacted some of the plays. They didn't mind us using their café area as our team meeting place and were even open to our spreading out our team lunch and eating there. The breakfast was enough to feed our boys prior to their games. The parents and coaches enjoyed the endless supply of complimentary coffee and the boys drank the juice and ate apples all day long.The cleaning staff were pleasant and did all they could to cleanup around our boys messes in the rooms. I heard from the boys that one of the maintenance employees even joined into a game for a few minutes. The boys thought that was cool! We got a great rate and the location was great for our tournament. Our team would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: All our rooms we in the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family