“Affordable rest stop”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calgary, Canada
“Affordable rest stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have recently returned to this hotel to be pleasantly surprised of all the many new renovations and updates they are doing to this property . I work in the oil industry so I frequent many hotels over the course of the year. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast and also has a restaurant on site which offers an excellent Chinese buffet. If you are looking for affordable and decent accommodations I would recommend this hotel. The staff is always courteous and helpful and the rooms comfortable and clean. Thanks again Super 8 for the outstanding hospitality during my stay . I look forward to seeing you all again in the near future .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Super N, General Manager at Super 8 Red Deer, responded to this review, August 6, 2016
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and take this opportunity to invite you back on your next visit to Red Deer to stay with us and experience the difference. We look forward to your next visit and ensure every time you visit us you will have a better experience.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I just spent Easter weekend at this hotel and would definitely return. The hotel is currently under some renovations and already you can see a huge improvement. Fresh painted halls and new carpets are in the works. The rooms are well equipped with fridges microwaves and new flat screen TVs. The linens were all new and fresh. Overall the staff was helpful and friendly. I look forward to staying here again and seeing the final touches once all the renovations are complete. Some of the previous posts here seem a little over exaggerated as my experience wasn't as horrible as others seem to claim. It was everything I expected and more. Thank you to all the staff at super 8 for making my stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013

Valemount
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Understand the hotel is under reno but the smell was awful - requested room on main floor near entrance - room was upstairs and as far down the halls as you could go. Workers with drills and hammers working late - front desk could not even answer how late attached restaurant was open and didn't seem to care - night auditor just plain rude. Nicest thing was the very nice lady at the desk in the morning. People wandering & lurking and hiding behind big snow pile out back where we had to park - eerie feeling. We had just spent a week in the lovely Super 8 in Lethbridge and spent the following night at Super 8 in Revelstoke - both were wonderful. Hopefully after all the renos are done this hotel will eventually reach Super 8 standards - in customer service as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. The inconvenience that you had experienced during your stay with us is indeed very disturbing. I have shared this with my department team members concerned and will ensure that this is not repeated. Exceeding Guest expectation has been our constant endeavor. I would like to add that we are constantly upgrading our product to meet with the comfort levels expected by a modern day corporate traveler. Once again I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and take this opportunity to invite you back on your next visit to Red Deer to stay with us and experience the difference. We look forward to your next visit and ensure every time you visit us you will have a better experience.

Travelers are raving about these Red Deer hotels