“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We did stayed last months in an executive room, and we been impressed .A lot of space ,a modern kitchenette with granite countertop two flat screen TV’s not sure what’s the purpose of having two TV’s in same room a sofa bed and a comfortable king bed.
The hotel has also a nice pool with Jacuzzi and a fitness facility.They provide complimentary breakfast which was pretty good .Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
sohelsarowar, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

We love that you had stayed with us and enjoyed your stay! Your review was enlightening and encouraging.

We look forward to welcoming you once again in the future.

Warmest regards,
Amin Suleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My wedding was held at the Holiday Inn on 67th street in Red Deer, the catering coordinators were very helpful but other staff were rude, unfriendly and not professional. Several individuals that attended my wedding got sick after eating the deluxe buffet, when talking to the front desk manager he was rude and basically said that nothing could be done. The night that we were decorating the room one of the service doors was left open and the floor was AWFUL, i saw everything from egg shells to dirt to fruit.
The rooms were very nice but the deal we recieved with groupbookings was still very expensive for being a Holiday Inn.

I would NEVER EVER reccommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a wedding. I have heard the Red Deer Lodge or Capri hotel is fabulous!

• Stayed January 2010
3 Thank weddings44
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with our hotel.

I would greatly appreciate if you can provide us with more details so that we can rectify the situation in the future and understand more thoroughly your feelings of the matter.

I invite you to contact me direct at 403.357.1101 or email me at amin@hi67.com.

Warmest regards,
Amin Suleman
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This hotel in so stylish and modern that it could even bare the westin nameplate.
The rooms are beautifully furnished with the stuff you wouldent normally find at a holiday inn but at a crowne plaza, westin ect...
 The building seems rather old on the outside but is ultra modern on the inside. The pool is shallow and small but nicely decorated and the nice hottub with a relaxing waterfall flowing into it. It lacks changerooms (oddly) but that's not much of a problem if you simply change in your room. The breakfast was standerd holiday inn if not a bit basic, but is served in a really really small room. Then there's the location... It's walking distance to nowhere. You have to drive at least 5 minutes to get anywhere. And the view from your room is of either an industriel parking lot or a semi trailer dealership. Not pritty.
But if I get back to the room you will find the coolest most modern room that I can't praise enough. and that is the reason you should stay here. it's well worth it.

• Stayed January 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed here for an off-site weekend conference. This was a wonderful hotel - I believe the building has been around forever but it obviously has been recently renovated. Very attractive, modern decor and very clean. The rooms were the same. The bathroom was amazing - black tiles throughout, spaious tub with dual showerheads. We had upgraded to an Executive Room which had the sleeping area in a "seperate room" (in quotes - more later). Extremely spacious room with a mini kitchen complete with dishes, microwave and fridge. I've stayed in Crown Plazas that weren't this nice. The beds were very comfortable. Too bad the same couldn't be said about the crappy pillows - small chicklet pillows filled with little square bits of foam. Terrible. Wired and wireless internet available which had decent speeds. Pretty good business centre on the main floor.

The pool area was amazing - very clean and a good size. Fitness area is run by a seperate company with what I thought were poor hours for a hotel - if you want to work out after 6pm on a weekend, you're out of luck.

Complementary breakfast was very good. Very similar to what you would find at a HI Express except with eggs and sausage along with the continental stuff. Very tidy area, though cramped.

My quibbles:
We have an infant and generally like to get suites with seperate living areas so when the little one goes to sleep, we can do other stuff in the other room without disturbing her. The Executive Room seemed perfect - until you discover the sleeping and living areas are seperated by a sliding glass door that doesn't have a curtain. Makes you wonder what the point of it was exactly - the tv and lights may as well have been in the same room.

There was a wedding reception in the ballrooms (which I imagine there would be every weekend). We were on the 3rd floor on the opposite side of the ballroom area - we could hear the music and dj just fine. It seemed like the whole building was shaking. If you are a light sleeper staying here on a weekend, bewarned! Granted it had died down by 11pm.

Also interesting to note that our inroom safe didn't work. It had a note attached to it saying it was broken and was going to be fixed. It was dated Sept, 2009. Hmmmm....

Overall, this was a very good property. I did not know such a nice hotel existed in Red Deer. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This was truly a lovely experience. I have stayed at many hotels in Red Deer, hoping tha I would come across one that I really liked. This one was it. From the friendly front desk staff to the clean, comfortable room, this place felt good. The bed was perfect (I'm very picky about bedding, and it was perfect here), the bathroom was lovely and the layout of the room felt spacious. The only disconnect was the lounge - it was quite a surprise. From the level of service at the hotel, to the well appointed rooms, and the beautiful spa...I somehow thought the lounge would be fairly chic...and if not chic at least modern. It was like a scene out of Roseanne...and the lounge food was provided by Smittys. A bit of a surprise after the high end feel of the hotel.
Still...I would not hesitate to return - it is the best hotel experience I have ever had in Red Deer!

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Stony Plain
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Friendly staff really make me feel like home.
Best rate with highest quality of servicein Red Deer.
Free breakfast is very delicious.
Convenient location to every place you would like to go in Red Deer
Good sleep

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
East Coast
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on 67th from January through to February on contract assignment .

I got to know my way around quite well and I thought I give some feedback because I`ve been here for a while.

The service is excellent! I have needed several things mailed, faxed, delivered, and have requested special services during my stay here, and the assistance has been fabulous.

The place is new and modern. They have an awsome gym and pool which are extremely clean and modern. There is a Smithy`s restaurant here and a lounge called Shades on site, The service there is not as good there as the service at the hotel, but the food was pretty good.

The rooms are also new and clean, they high quality modern look and feel to them.
Free internet is provided.

Breakfast in included, which is nice. They have a good variety of items available of for breakfast and the area is separated for guests.

I would say this is the best place to stay in Red Deer overall, and believe me I have had the choice to stay somewheres more central, but nothing compares to the Holiday Inn on 67th.

William