“Restaurant in iHOTEL”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calvia, Spain
“Restaurant in iHOTEL”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had lunch in the iHOTEL in Red Deer and had the Beef Dip. The sandwich was great and the server Iana was really nice! Plus the free refills on pop were really good, You hardly see that in restaurants any more.

Room Tip: book early.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and recommendation and in recognizing one of our passionate team members. I have personally thank Iana already and we appreciate your patronage and comments.

Thank you again and I wish you all the best.

Amin Suleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2014

No air conditioning, broken hairdryer, mould.There was a problem getting the 2 rooms I requested on the same floor. They put us on 2 different floors because the other available room on the 2nd floor had problems with its' air conditioning and they had put fans in that room. My Mom's room was very nice, air conditioning worked along with the blow dryer. Room 300 had no air conditioning(also had solid windows that did not open) it remained 24 degrees+ in our room for the 2 days. The ceiling in the entrance was badly water stained and the kitchen area also had ceiling water damage. The blow dryer would quit after 1 minute and blow a fuse. I made complaints on the first night and all I got was "Oh I am sorry about that and they did temporarily fix the blow dryer but when I used it the next day it did the same thing so I went to my Mom's room to use hers. Had no other place to go so we stuck it out in the hot room. The bed was comfortable but because of the temperature in the room I did not sleep well. I expected a small discount for all the trouble. At one point I had to keep the door ajar to allow some cool hallway air to come in which is probably not a safe thing to do.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 300
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology to you and your family. Our air conditioning system was over taxed on this very hot weekend.

In the future either let myself or Estifanny Sunga, the Guest Services Manager, know of your stay and we will personally take care of any of your needs.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Booked in with ball team so I did not check any reviews... talk about a nice surprise! Check in very friendly, décor incredible. Rooms clean, quiet and comfortable. Beds and pillows awesome. Wireless internet and decent sized TV. Daughter loved pool. Ball team was given a courtesy room both evenings - nice touch. Staff always said hello in hallways. When I hear continental breakfast I think slim pickings but this one had eggs, sausage, breads, cereal and fruit. Check out quick and friendly. Would book again with no hesitation.

Dear Guest,

My apolgoy for the delay in my reply to you.

I truly loved reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have provided good amenities. We try to go out of our way for all our guests and understand that value is essential.

My team and I would like to pass along our thanks for a great review and recommendation.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our corner room was large, clean and comfortable. But the bed was pushed against the window so my wife had to crawl across it to get into it. Not bad if you're 24 but not so good at 74!
We had an excellent breakfast on Sunday morning in the restaurant .
We would certainly choose this hotel if we stay in Red Deer again.

Room Tip: Our corner room on the 4th floor was excellent
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel.

My sincere apologies for your bed and for the delay in my reply to you.

Thank you again for your recommendation and please feel free to contact me with anything that you need.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here before renos. What a great surprise. Very clean. Friendly staff.
Beds were firm. We like it that way. Pillows were good. Great location.
Great secondary food locations right outside the door. Kids loved the pool.
Manager was hands on. Do not see that often. My daughter(12) loved the
bathroom. Dad this is the best bathroom ever. Must be a girl thing.
Great bathroom, spacious, nice tile, great shower head. Did not have a chance
to use the onsight resturants because we were at a swim all weekend.
Well done. Will be back next year.

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for the delay in my response.

Thank you for a wonderful recommendation. We are all happy to read that your family and especially your daughter enjoyed her stay with us.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Pleasantly surprised to see everything I read about this hotel was true,. Reviews can be pretty subjective and I always read good and bad reviews with a grain of salt. We originally booked a king size room and two days before the hotel updated that a king kitchenette had become available at a reduced rate. As we were there for a three day conference, we thought this would be of benefit and booked the suite. We were not let down at all. The bathroom was nicely laid out and very large. Only issue there was I felt the lighting could have been better. The kitchenette was small but had essentials including a Keurig coffee maker with decent coffee! The bedroom was a nice size with its own TV and sliding door for privacy. Lots of closet space for hanging clothes and two dressers. The living area also had a TV. Lots of room, well maintained and the staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Had only a continental breakfast which was so-so but again, had all the basics. We will definitely stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cheryl B
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere for the delay in this response.

I am glad to read that you had a great stay with us. I will take note of your suggestions and endeavor to get them completed right away.

Thank you for giving us an excellent recommendation and I look forward to serving you.

Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This Hotel is well located, at first I thought it was an affiliated of Apple just joking. It is also has a very modern, upscale look to it. The decor was beautiful. The front desk staff, Jei, Ralph, Naomi, Krystal, Mohammed and others were amazing, and in the restaurant, the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful (Cecil,Iana,Xavier, Vilmie, Roy and Sherly). I felt like I stayed at a luxury hotel without the $200 price tag that usually goes with it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great recommendation and feedback and especially recognizing our fantastic team members.

It is truly a pleasure working alongside such incredible individuals and providing consistently high guest service is our number one priority.

Thank you again for a fantastic recommendation.