WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Red Deer
Red Deer, Canada
“Excellent banquet event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our company had a evening banquet event at the Ihotel in Red Deer and the service and food was 2nd to none. The room was beautifully decorated and set up perfectly with lots of room between the tables. The upper was buffet with a choice of many salads, potatoes, rice and three different meat options. The price for the supper was very good and was well worth it. I would recommend the I hotel for your banquet suppers.

2 Thank Davids154921
FrankD367, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking in sharing your experience with iHotel. It is good to know that you enjoyed our banquet services. I will make sure that our banquet staff hears the good news.

Your recommendation of our hotel is very much appreciated and we look forward to serving you and your company in one of your future functions.

Warmest Regards,
Frank Dilmaghani (Assistant Front Office Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I come into Red Deer for business and our company has corporate accounts with a couple other hotels. We thought that we would try out the hotel as two of the sales guys from the hotel had stopped by in April to visit us and the whole staff loved them.

My experience when I arrived was that the hotel was decorated nicely and the front desk staff were ok at check in however when I left the desk that is when issues started. One of the elevators is broken and the other elevator sounds and acts like it will be broken soon. I got upstairs and they had checked me into a room that was not cleaned from the previous guest. I go downstairs and the front desk staff were apologetic and placed me in a different room which was fine. The rooms are clean but nothing at all that is extravagant considering they market it as a boutique hotel. The real kicker is the restaurant and the food. Considering this hotel is marketed as a boutique hotel I would think that the food would not only taste good but look great. This is not the case, when you open the menu it is very generic and is similar to a humpty's menu at best. I ordered my food and when it came to the table it looked awful. Nothing was presented well the food obviously is frozen and reheated and even though the server checked with me twice he got the side of fries wrong........not sure how you can get that wrong. I ate my sub par food went upstairs and the rooms were so hot you could not sleep ( as the ac does not work ).

I checked out two weeks early and went too another hotel. I have been trying to contact the General Manager however to date I have not received a response back. Obviously customer service is not a focus here.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank scott M
Amin S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear ScottM,

I am sorry but this is the first time that I am hearing about your complaint however please accept my sincere apology. I understand if this had happened to me that I would not be happy. If there is anything that I can do to make it right, please do not hesitate to call me.

Please again accept my sincere apology and I would like to discuss your stay. I invite you to call me direct at 403.357.1101 at your convenience.

Warmest regards,
Amin Suleman
Airdrie
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel before it was a iHotel, it has definitely gone down hill since then. 1. One of two elevators out of service. 2. Elevator door of "working" elevator failed to close for a couple minutes while I was in it. 3. First room - cant watch movies, maintenance couldn't figure it out, so I finally asked for another room. 4. Second room, still can't watch movies. 5. Spoke with a co worker in another room and they can't get the wifi working. Won't return!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
FrankD367, Assistant Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

We appreciate the points that were raised in your comment and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

Our elevators are currenlty undergoing major renovations and our cable signal was recently switched over to RHD and is in the test phase.

Please accept our deepest apologies and be assured that we will get things on track so as to be able to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am sure that on your next visit things will be better.

Once again, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and I look forward to having you with us in your next trip to Red Deer.

Frank Dilmaghani, Assistant Front Office Manager
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I enjoyed staying here, as we were at a women's conference and it was quite close and accessible to restaurants, etc. nearby. The beds were really comfortable to sleep in, the staff were VERY helpful, and the food was delicious in the dining room. I would definitely stay here again. Having conscientious staff really makes a difference. GOD bless you all, and THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Since I appreciate having a comfortable bed, it didn't matter where we were, and I did get a rea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking time in sharing with us your wonderful experience. It is good to know that you enjoyed the food and was pleased with our staff. I will make sure that the good news gets to them.

We would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you in you next stay with us.

Warmest Regards,

Frank Dilmaghani, Assistant Front Office Manager
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Don't be too fooled by the nice pictures - this is a basic hotel (a remodelled Holiday Inn). Location is convenient but don't look for a view! We were overlooking the parking lot and the International truck dealership. Staff was friendly even though there and were having to deal with a power outage, so our room was not available for quite some time. Was not aware there was a breakfast available - not mentioned at front desk and no signs in lobby. Might stay here again but not likely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were gathering with friends and family for the long weekend in May. This hotel was a great choice as the hotel is very clean and the service was excellent. They have a large buffet for breakfast which is served until 10:00 am if you sleep in a bit.

Room Tip: One thing is that on the fourth floor you do have to walk passed a smoking section to get to the non...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently had an event at the iHotel 67 St and had the most amazing interaction with the banquet team. Chris (supervisor) was on top of his game; He called me to ensure i knew when the event location would have been prepared and ensured that all was taken care of for my set up. To add to the experience, a follow up call was made to verify that all went well and all my needs were met.

The event went off without a hitch and Cliff was careful to ensure that all the agreed details of my BEO was delivered on time.

Chris & Cliff are truly valuable members of this hotel.