“Great hotel”

Radisson Hotel Red Deer
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed March 24, 2013

From the moment we arrived to check in, the staff were very friendly and professional. When we discovered that the room we were given was not cleaned yet, the front desk staff were very apologetic and Tianna quickly arranged another room for us and gave us vouchers for breakfast the next morning which we did not expect but it was very nice. The decor is very art-deco and the tone of the hotel is somewhat European. Every staff member we met was very friendly. The rooms were nicely decorated and very clean and the beds were comfortable. This is an older hotel that has been redecorated with very nice touches. HIGHLY recommend this property as great value for the money. Reasonable prices and quality service. Breakfast was very tasty with adequate portions, nice presentation and great taste. Can't say enough about our stay!

Room Tip: Just overall a great hotel. Clean and comfortable. Great value for the price.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in our hotel with us and it's wonderful to know that you were impressed with the product renovation and by the staff service.

It is great motivator to know that we came and exceeded your expectations and I assure you that we will keep on giving great service in future too.

We all at iHotel look forward to see you again with us.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Red Deer

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Despite many kids' sports team at the hotel, I found the hotel remarkably quiet and clean. The staff was professional, accomodating, and always available to assist. They set up a separate breakfast room for the sports team so not to disturb the other guests. While the hotel is refurbished, I found the decor to be very tasteful with only a residual signs of "fatigue". The pool and fitness areas are beautiful and very well equipped. Having been through hotels across the country, I can't say enough about how much I appreciated the peace and quiet once I went to my room for the night. Great job!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor and found it to be the most appropriate for temperature. I had heard th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for appreciating the hotel facility and service and it is our prime job to ensure that we keep on delivering our best to all our guest staying with us.

I am sure that your family and other members of the sports team enjoyed there sty like you did and we all here at iHotel look forward to greet you all again with us for any future tournaments.

Thank you again for taking some time to share your feedback with us.

See you soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked into the hotel with a sports team, but went as a family. We were in our room when all of a sudden someone else was coming into our room. They had given someone our room key NICE. Then in the other room the tv didn't work, they did replace. The heat didn't work it was -18 outside, they were aware of this but booked the room anyway,they needed a part to fix it. Their solution was to bring a small electric heater. The plug ins didn't work in 2 of the other rooms. When we complained they said we would get a 50percent discount on one room. That was 50 percent off of one day. They couldn't figure it out at the front desk to do for both days so as we left they said they would email the actual charges that would charged to our credit card. That was 2 days ago still don't know. I can say the staff were very good and it wasn't their fault. The food was good. But if you are undergoing a change over don't charge sooooooo much or stay closed until everything is done.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for bringing all your feedback to us and assisting us to get these loop holes fixed and improvise on your comments and feedback.

I and on behalf of my entire team, we all apologize for all the inconvenience that you have to go through during your stay with us and what disturbed us more is that we could not keep up to our promise of delivering 100% satisfication.

I have discussed all your feedback with my team and came with solution on the duplicate check in the same room and heat problems and how we can resolve these with our front desk team. We will also send the invoice to you and we are sorry as we did delayed sending the same.

Thanks you for appreciating our staff and food quality and taste and I am sure that with your feedback we will keep doing better in near future too.

Look forward to see you again with us and I am sure you will see lot of improvements in your next visit.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

To whom it may concern:
As part of our visit to the Spring Craft Show held at your hotel last Saturday March 9, 2013, we also had the opportunity to visit your restaurant.

Though we initially had difficulty in locating the hotel, we eventually did find it. There is the large sign which reads 'International' just before the
entrance to the hotel, however that is the sign for the truck company. When we arrived at the hotel, we found the sign for the hotel very small,
and difficult to read. We wondered if the name of the hotel will remain the "iHotel", or is that just a temporary name for now?

The hotel is modern and nicely furnished. It was a bit hard to find just exactly where the Craft Show was located. Perhaps the sponsors of the
Craft Show could have had better signage. Once we located the entrance to the Craft Show, that we had to enter the double doors in front of the outside doors, everything was fine. We found ourselves however, directing many other people to this event as well!

My husband had dined in your restaurant earlier that day, and he told me the food was excellent. And so, I decided to try it as well. Our waiter,
Xavier, was very gracious and gave us excellent service. I enjoyed the cream of celery soup, as well as the Greek Salad. Both were very nice!
The soup had a very pleasant taste, and the Greek Salad had fresh vegetables that were very nicely cut. The price was also reasonable.

We will recommend your hotel, esp. the restaurant, to others. Thank you for allowing me to share my comments.

Sincerely yours,
Michelle T. Lambert

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was great to read your comments on our hotel and particularly for our restaurant.

It is iHotel teams priority that with our inhouse guest, we also give great service to all the guest visiting the hotel and the restaurant too. I am sure that we will keep on delivering the same level of service in future too.

My apologies that it was difficult for you to locate the hotel in the start but we are looking into this aspect and very soon will come up with a signage.

I will surely convey your appreciation to Xavier for his great service.

We all here look forward to have you back with us again.

Thank you.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was part of the organizing committee for the Ladies Night Out even that took place at the iHotel Banquet Hall Oct 27, 2012, as well as a guest at the event. We received tremendous support and cooperation from the venues Banquet Manager during the set up and the event it self. We had to change the colour of the linens and layout of the tables and chairs at the last minute and the Banquet Manager was very accommodating and helpful as we rearranged the space. The event itself was amazing and was executed without a hitch. Food and service was great! Thanks so much for taking such great care of us during the event and prior to, you helped make our fundraiser an absolute success.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cynthia P
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking some time out and posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I would also like to thank you for choosing us for the event and I am sure that we will keep on having this event with us in future too.

I will surely convey your kind words and appreciation to my banquet manager Christoper and his team for the excellent service they have provided to your group.

I am sure that you will keep on supporting us in future too and I assure you our best always.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I got married at the ihotel in January. The packages were very reasonable, and the coordinator that is included (Corinne) was very helpful and easy to work with. The day of the wedding the staff was so helpful, as we were getting ready they were available to bring us basically anything we needed (from extension cords, to more coffee and even brought us up some of the continental breakfast). The banquet room was set up beautifully, exactly as I had imagined. The staff working the wedding were amazing! From the wait staff to the bartender everyone was happy and helpful with anything we needed. And the food was amazing!!! I keep hearing from guests how good everything was, both the buffet dinner and midnight lunch. Our room for the wedding night was done up beautifully, chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, a dozen roses and rose petals on the bed were a great touch. All in all I would highly recommend getting married here, it was truly stress free as they did all the set up and take down, sending me pictures to make sure I liked how the room was set up.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank 012613

Dear Valued Gueat,

Firstly I would like to congratulate you and your wife for a new beginning and wish you all the smiles for your future.

It was great to know that we were able to contribute a small amount for making your wedding a memorable one.

As iHotel we pride our self as one of the best venue for weddings with service, food and other packages and been succssfully providing superior customer service for years and years.

I will also convey your appreciation to all the staff involved and assure you that in future too we will keep on giving our best.

Wish both of you again a great life ahead!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed one night for a family visit. The hotel was very clean with an updated modern look. The room was very nicely decorated. The beds and pillows were comfortable. It was better than I expected. The pool and hot tub were great and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast in a nice room while watching the weather news. Staff were always friendly. I would return and I recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Room 219 had a white noise (furnace/fan?) all night - it did not bother me, but if you need silence...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience while stay with us. It gives me immense pleasure that my team were successful in giving you superior guest experience.

I am also happy that you like the newly renovated rooms, linens, furniture and I assure you that we will keep on providing clean, hygenic and value to our guest.

I am sorry that you have to go through the fan noise outside your rooms and I am working with my maintenance team to find a permanent solution to this.

Thank you again and look forward to see you soon again.