We stayed here for a wedding in September 2012. The hotel was clearly undergoing some renovations, however these did not impact our stay.
We arrived at 4:15, however our room was not ready yet. We were on a tight timeline to meet our dinner party so this was troublesome. When we were checked in later, we were given a $20 voucher for breakfast the next day for our inconvenience.
When we booked our room online, we paid extra for an included breakfast. I asked the front desk staff how the voucher we were given differed from our included breakfast, she told us that the included breakfast was just a continental and the voucher was for the breakfast. Imagine my surprise to learn that everyone gets the included continental breakfast! Why the heck did we pay extra for it then when we booked online? It sounds as if we should have gotten the restaurant breakfast voucher anyways and that it wasn't really for our inconvenience after all!
The restaurant was good and the service was excellent.
It should also be noted that a $20 breakfast voucher in their restaurant doesn't get you very far for 2 people. Most of the breakfast entrees are $10+. Once you factor in a small $3 orange juice and a $2 coffee and multiply by two, you are well over the value. Might as well just have the included continental!
In the morning we did ask again about this breakfast thing that we paid extra for with our online booking and the front desk staff did provide us with an extra voucher for the restaurant. However once we walked away we noticed it was only dated for one day of our two day stay. *sigh* by this point we were exhausted about fussing over the breakfast thing and decided to just enjoy the continental breakfast the second day (even though we paid extra).
Overall, it looked as though the hotel recently went through some nice renovations. However, we did have concerns.
Parts of the hotel were noticeably hotter than others (almost sauna like). Some rooms we visited were definitely too hot to sleep comfortably in. Our room was a decent temperature.
Outside our door their was a bucket in the hallway and a big squishy section of carpet. Our room smelled damp. Obviously there are some water leak issues. Some hotel guests visited our room from their room and their socks and slippers were soaked from the walk down the hall.
The rooms were spacious and nicely appointed. Our bathroom was large, however the bathtub itself was small. I'm not sure why you would undergo such extensive renovations in a large washroom and not put in a bathtub deep enough for someone to actually have a comfortable bath in.
The wifi was not existent in our room. This was disappointing as the devices we brought did not have a LAN plugin.
You couldn't move in our bed without it squeaking. Although it was comfortable, I don't recommend it if you are a light sleeper. There was also a distinct lack of drawers for unpacking in our room. There were some in the living area, but it is odd to unpack outside the bedroom.
On the Saturday of our stay we returned to our room by 12:30pm to change for the wedding. We were delighted to see that housekeeping had already visited. I was not delighted however to have housekeeping barge in on us twice more that afternoon while we were changing and getting ready. There is no delay between their knock and throwing the door open! Also... Why did they try coming by again... Twice?? That, I will never know.
Overall, we found this to be a hotel that looked nice on the surface, but had some service and detail flaws.
We are headed back to he region in November and we will likely try somewhere else to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Hotel on 67 Street is Red Deer's Premier Choice. Our Hotel features 142 deluxe guest rooms featuring Premium King & Queen sized Accommodations, 32 or 42 inch High Definition TV's with HBO & Free Movie Channels, Two 2 line Speakerphones, In room Coffee, Tea, Iron & Ironing Board, Mini Fridge, In Room Mini Safe, Microwaves upon Request. All our guests receive Complimentary Breakfast Buffet as well as Complimentary access to 6000 Sq ft Planet Fitness Centre which is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, large pool, hot tub & steam room. We offer complimentary local calls, newspaper, wired & wireless internet access. Hotel Amenities include 20,000 square feet of Meeting Space including 3 Ballrooms & 3 Executive Boardrooms, Cocktail Lounge, Business Center, Family Restaurant, Hair Salon & Spa, Fitness Center, Personal Trainers, Nutritionists, Tanning Beds, Smoothy & Oxygen Bar & Games Room. Our Games Room features Foosball, Air Hockey & Table Tennis. Nearby places of interest in Red Deer include GH Dawe Community Center with Waterslide, 2 miles from downtown Red Deer, ENMAX Centrium, Kerry Wood Nature Center, Heritage Ranch, AB Sports Hall of Fame, Collicut Center, with Sylvan Lake only a short drive out of town. We look forward to welcoming you, and making your experience exceptional. Minutes from Edgar Industrial area, Burnt Lake Business Park, Sylvan Lake, Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, and close to Downtown Red Deer (2 kilometers). Companies in close proximity to us are John Deere, Trican, Nova Chemicals, Chrysler, Parkland Fuel Corporation, ATCO Gas, Schlumberger, Ferus and Quinn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Carlson, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Hotel Red Deer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn 67 Street Red Deer Hotel Red Deer
- Holiday Inn Red Deer
- Red Deer Holiday Inn
- Radisson Hotel Red Deer Alberta