“Nice, new and great food!”

Radisson Hotel Red Deer
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of the great "New" Holiday Inns. The rooms were nice and the restaurant was really a big surprise. Try it!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for putting your comments on Trip Advisor and it is really a pleasure for our team to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and as a team we assure you that we will keep the standards high and ensure we exceed our guest expectations always.

We all look forward to have you with us again.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Red Deer

Reviewed June 27, 2012

A convenient location, but the hotel itself consistently disappointed during my 2 week stay. While the staff were friendly, there was frustratingly little actual help in resolving the constant issues. I started off in a room with no AC (it's summer) and didn't get an offer to move to another room until their maintenance guy came up and confirmed it was broken. They then tried to move me to a smoking room, which I said no to and eventually (after replacing and moving all of my own stuff) received another room with working AC (no upgrade). The main hotel and the banquet room we had booked for several weeks had no working AC for the weeks we were there. It was like being inside a greenhouse every day in a suit. They eventually gave us fans, but it was brutal. They lost one of my suits through their dry cleaning service, which was eventually found after I complained daily. I eventually gave up asking them to restock my room with dry cleaning forms and bags after asking daily and explaining to them their staff was not replacing them in my room. The hotel had terrible smells as well as having a general run down look. I particularly liked my view of the gravel roof and AC units, at least they were quiet as they were apparently not working. I would never willingly stay here again. I would have left the first day, but was forced to stay as I was attending an event at the hotel. Stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Hudson F

Dear Hudson F,

It was really didheartening for the whole team to know that we have not met your expectations and you have to go through these inconvenience. Please accept mine and my teams sincere apologies.
I would like to thank you for bringing this issues to our knowledge and helping us to resolve these issues and to ensure that in future we keep our brand promise to exceed guest expectations.
The AC problem had been resolved and it's working fine now and had also breifed my housekeeping and front desk staff to ensure that guest requirements are the priority for us. I assure you that in future you will never have this complaint again from us.
I sincerely wish that you choose to stay with us again and give my team one more chance and I am sure that we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Always nice and clean, with friendly and knowledgeable staff - especially Cagne. By far, one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've stayed at. The rooms, as well as the hotel amenities like the salt water pool, make it a priority for me to stay at this hotel when I'm in town.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with the Executive Suites
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CTR R

Dear Guest,

It gives my team and myself immense pleasure when our guest enjoys there stay with us and it is our teams top priority to strive to give our best to all the guest.

Thank you for taking some out and putting your comments on Trip Advisor.

Assure you our best always and look forward to see you with us soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times when work has brought me to Red Deer.

The location of the hotel is pretty convenient, not too far from Highway 2 & close to a lot of light industrial businesses on the north side of town. There's plenty of parking and some strip malls within walking distance for restaurants, banks, etc.

The room I stayed in was clean with enough comfortable room for 1 or 2 people. The bed was comfortable and came with the choice of soft or firm pillows (they were labeled!). The bathroom I had was spacious with a big tub, but some co-workers had rooms with much smaller bathrooms. My room also came with a mini-fridge, coffee maker & free WiFi.

The front desk staff was friendly. The bar in the lobby had TVs for watching sports and enough tables to bring large (10-12) groups together. The complimentary continental breakfast is almost hidden in a room just off the lobby. Many of my co-workers missed it completely since it looks like a small meeting room that you need your card-key to enter. Breakfast was more than adequate (I'm a light breakfast eater) with bagels, cereal, pastries, juice & coffee.

I was satisfied with my stay here at the Holiday Inn 67 St, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have no view -- get one facing outside.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank EdmontonMarc
Sandeep G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking some time out and writting in Trip Advisor.

It gies us immense pleasure to know that we met our guest expectations and in future I assure you that we will keep on exceeding the guest expectations.

We all look forward to have you here with us and I am sure that you will enjoy your stay more in your next visit in our all new renovated rooms.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend conference. The room was as described - large king bed, sofa, chair, very large bathroom well appointed, small refrigerator which really worked well, good size desk, and a built in safe. The room was spotless and well maintained. Linens and towels were of good quality, bed and other furniture were modern except for the TV which was an old tube type and not a flat screen. There is no charge WI-FI in each room - high speed and it worked great. There was an extra blanket and pillow in the closet along with an ironing board and iron; excellent items to have available in every regard.
I requested via my online reservation at the Holiday Inn site a room on the top floor away from the elevators. At check in the agent said she did not see that on the request but would be happy to accommodate my request. I mentioned that I did not see a place at the Holiday Inn site to enter my loyalty card called Priority Points and she said she would be happy to make sure the number was entered and that points would be awarded.
The lobby is large and has lots of seating places including a nearby business centre for guests. There is a bar which I did not visit but looked okay from the outside. I did visit the restaurant which was very good. Each day at lunch and supper they have at least one special and I found the specials to be very good value. There is room service for the same items at a higher price.
I was travelling by Red Arrow bus and was pleased to see that this hotel is the scheduled stop for Red Arrow bus between Calgary and Red Deer and is a sometimes stop for their Calgary Edmonton service which is very convenient.
The hotel staff put a paper out by your door all days except Sunday - the one day most people would have time to read it.
The only real downside of this hotel is the complimentary breakfast room. It is advertised everywhere in the hotel and especially on their in room TV channel that the breakfast is open from 6 AM to 10 AM. I arrived at 6:10 and the eggs and sausages were not there. Other guests were waiting too and when they inquired of the staff member at 6:15 where are the sausages and eggs the reply was “you are too early". Not the answer anyone wanted to hear and poor guest relations on that score. The hot items did arrive at 6:20. One guest had to leave before they arrived with the hot food and he was clearly ticked. There is only one two slice toaster for a room of about a dozen to 15 tables. It is the slowest toaster I have ever used. It takes about 5 minutes to toast the bread. When there is only one toaster this is way too slow. There is no obvious place to put used dishes. On my first day there I found a plastic tube on a chair and used that. On my second morning there was not even the plastic tub so people were leaving dirty dishes everywhere - stacked on tables and worst of all stacking the dirty dishes by the unused dishes - double yuck ! It is self serve and self clean but there are no damp clothes to clean the tables and no staff anywhere in site. This breakfast room really needs some attention to work better. For the record there is a good choice of cereals, breads, eggs and sausages when they do arrive, juices, hot drinks, milk and fruits.
I noticed a number of guests storing their luggage at the front desk after checking out - a good service to have. They are strict on the 11 o'clock check out - I asked for an extension and was told no. There are cameras everywhere in the lobby and especially in the hallways on each floor -which I thought was great and gave me a sense of safety and security. There are different snack and vending machines on different floors but there is no gift shop in the lobby or anywhere else in the hotel for that matter.
While I did not have a car I did notice a large free parking lot. There is a gym which I was told is good. The rooms have heavy doors which close with a bang - sadly some guests actually slam the door closed causing nearby walls to tremble and making a good deal of unnecessary noise.
On the whole this is a standard Holiday Inn and I would recommend it for tourist, business and family travelers.

Room Tip: Some of the hallways are very long - if mobility impaired tell them to get a room clsoer to the elev...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Travellingtheworld1

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writting in Trip Advisor and appreciate your detailed feedback.

I am happy that overall we were able to satisfy you during your stay and noted your feedback on the breakfast room and assure you that we had worked on it and in future you won't have any issues from our breakfast room.

Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to have you with us soon.

Sandeep Ghosh

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We got one of the family rooms to go to a wedding in red deer. We have four adults in our family so the extra room with twin beds was great. It was a cheaper option than getting two separate rooms. The atmosphere of the hotel is great! The breakfast was good for continental. And the lactation is amazing, close to everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Shuswap-Girl
Mark O, Corporate Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Dear Shuswap-Girl,

Thank you for your honest review. We are glad that you and your family had a great time at our hotel! We here at the Holiday Inn 67th street strive to provide great customer service while making it fun and positive for our guests and our hotel family.

We are happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, and look forward to being your host soon again! Enjoy the warm of summer as it finally approaches us in Alberta!

Warm regards,

Mark Oliver
Corporate Sales Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn hotels for work, and this is by far the best one I have been to. It is brand new, clean, has a big TV in every room, and has the choise of the continental breakfast or a really good restaurant. Highly recomended if you have to stay overnight in Red Deer.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Mark O, Corporate Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear Joe L,

Thank you for your honest review. We are glad that your stay with us has been exceptional.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Warm regards,