“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calgary
“Enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Beautiful foyer, brand new beds, friendly, professional staff. We are platinum members, travel in our business and stay in many Holiday Inns, mostly Express, so it was great to see they offered a complimentary breakfast. We'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one with new beds
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Mark O, Sales Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Lee P,

Thank you for your review and congratulations on becoming a platinum member!

We are glad that you had a great stay at our Hotel, and enjoyed our breakfast as well!
We hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I was at this hotel overnight and the people were extremely. The front dest was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a king suite and loved it, roomy and comfortable. If I was to mention one thing I would have...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tim S,

Thank you very much for you positive feed back! We always enjoy hearing good things about our front desk staff. They are a pleasant bunch of people to work with who are always fun!
We are glad here that you had a good stay!

Thank you for your suggestions about having more coffee in the room. As per Holiday Inn standards each room has one pack of coffee and another of decafinated. However we always have plenty of extra packs of coffee at the front desk that are free for our guest! We also have toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving razors, mending kits, and extra shampoo should you run out or forget to bring any of these. On top of that- we provide it to you for FREE as a service to you!

Thanks again Tim for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Regards,
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I started staying here because it was convient location for me, I continue to stay because the staff are fantastic. Havede had a few minor issues but the staff is always there to fix any problems.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Amin S, Sale Manager at Radisson Hotel Red Deer, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Val,

Thank you very much for your review!
We value you as our loyal guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.

We enjoy hearing that our staff is positive and more then willing to help and attend to our guests.

Warm regards and happy travels!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is still one of my favorite hotels in Red Deer. I travel here often for work and like this hotel for how quiet it is, the staff and the Solace Spa located right in the hotel.

The king sized room I normally take is almost always quiet and spacious. The bathroom is luxurious and looks rich in color and appointments. I love the smell of the shampoo and conditioner that is available for use.

The Solace Spa is amazing as is the exercise room - both located in the basement.

Some of the things that bug me about this hotel:

The room doors are so heavy and when they close, they SLAM. This reverberates throughout the adjoining room. And I've found that most hotel patrons don't really care about the people staying in those adjoining rooms so are not very careful with noise.

The breakfast space is awful. The room is cramped, tight, hot and does not allow for more than two people to sit at a table together - contrary to other Holiday Inn Expresses that I have stayed at.

There are no complementary bottles of water in the rooms as there are in other Holiday Inn Expresses I've stayed at.

The bar is filthy, smells of old stale smoke and seems very old. I think I would feel more comfortable there if I knew that the chairs, floor and table were all clean. The bar has a very small drink selection and often the sections are closed off.

I love the hotel, the beds, the rooms, the quiet, the hot water for the showers, and the free parking.

Room Tip: Top floor, King sized rooms are away from the crowds and located at the ends of the hall so no one r...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Calgary
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were there for one night for a hockey tournament. It was my wife and I along with our 4 year old and our 1 year old in a King room with a pull out. The room was... very tight. Nothing special about it. The breakfast room was too small. There were a total of 10 tables closely packed, in a hotel where there at least one hockey team and one girls soccer team staying the night, plus numerous other guests, this room just did not cut it. Very disappointing. The food was not bad. Would we stay again? probably not.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed November 22, 2011

The building and gym and pool are very beautiful but it is the staff that makes this stay worthwhile. The best was Sherry who was so helpful and went beyond the call of duty when I was desperate to print off something I needed for business she let me use her own computer and printer. Definetly a must stay and I will be back.

Room Tip: Only problem was the business center didn't have a printer
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank daniel l
Edmonton
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very beautiful lobby, nice rooms. Have a great team (Sherry and Cagney) - very helpful! Not too mention Cagney, is gorgeous as well!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business