“Change the name of the "Lodge".....”

Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Forestville, Maryland, USA
“Change the name of the "Lodge".....”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I almost didn't stay here. The name lodge conjures up images of creepy crawlys at night.
Well they say don't judge a book.....
This was certainly the case here.
Everything was super nice. Great room, got a robe, super quiet.
I was there to do a seminar in Microsoft Excel and was pleasantly surprised by the service and comfort.
Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I had a conference at the hotel in March, so naturally I stayed at the hotel as it was conveinant. Unfortunately, that was about the only bonus to the hotel. Check in went smoothly, however that is where things ended. I went up to my room in the creakiest elevator I had ever taken. I opened the door and immediately got a whiff of stale cigarette smoke. From what I understood the hotel was completely non-smoking. Therefore, there is a major problem with the ventalation system. I went to turn the TV on and the remote was hidden in the cupboard, which is no big deal except that when I opened the door of the cupboard, one hinge was not attached and the door practically fell off. By this point I was getting a headache from the stench of smoke in the room. So I cranked the air conditioning and left the hotel for awhile.

It was unseasonably warm that weekend and for some reason the cleaning staff continually cranked the heat in the room. I realize when you aren't from Canada 15 degrees may feel cold to you, but if a patron has set the temperature at a certain level, leave it alone. I noticed that other patrons on the floor were having heating problems as they were sitting with their doors open and all their windows open.

At times parking was a nightmare, it seems that the hotel rents out many of their spots to some sort of service company. However, with the large religious conference in the hotel that day, as well as my small conference it led to times where you had to be certain you wanted to leave the hotel as there was no guarantee that there would be a spot available anywhere near the lobby when you returned.

Checkout did not go smoothly either. I asked the girl at the front desk to separate my room charges and the meal charges on the invoices, as my employer prefers. She did not do this, she simply photocopies the meal bills but left the meals on the room charges invoice. I did not realize this until I was walking out to my car and when I returned to have it fixed, she told me there was nothing she could do at this point.

Lastly, I noticed that the hotel was noisy all day and night, with the religious people singing hymns in the hallway all day and night. This is something that needs to be addressed. I'm all for people being overly excited about being at a conference and getting in the spirit of things, but leave me out of it. When you are disturbing me while in my room (or in my conference) there is a problem.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
jmytz, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
We thank you for your candid review of the Red Deer Lodge. The Red Deer Lodge consistently strives to meet or exceed our guest’s expectations in this case we did not. I ask that you contact me in order to discuss this further and see if we can make this up to you in some way
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We had a great time at our stay here at the Red Deer Lodge. The first room we were sent to smelled like an ash tray, so I simply called downstairs and they changed our room right away. This room was great. Love the bathrooms, very spacious. Bed was SUPER comfy! Staff was incredible and did everything to make our stay better. The only thing I will mention is when we went to eat at the buffet the next day, there was SO many children in the pool and it was so noisy that we decided to order room service instead. Over all, this was a pleasant experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2010

It is a bit run-down considering the pricing, for example our hot tap in the shower fell off the first time we turned it on, we stayed on the business level and had a slightly nicer room with a bar fridge but the cleaner smoked ciggarettes in our room and the smell hung around for days. Management had to move us to a different room. And the hot tub was standing depth with no seats which was odd.

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
jmytz, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, January 20, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel. The Red Deer Lodge strives to exceed guest expectations at every interaction. I have asked our maintenance department to inspect your room for maintenance concerns. Regarding smoking I am certain an associate had not been smoking in your guestroom, but rather the smoke from smoking rooms traveled to your room through the ventilation system which our engineering department is investigating.
Calgary, AB
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference. I thought this place was a dump before I got there, but it was nicer than I expected. The room quality was below average. The carpet was stained and there was some toothpaste left on the handle facet from the previous person (just a little, It may have been hard to spot). the room was larger than average and the bed had a cheap / old feeling to it. The best things about this were the Atrium with the pool, trees and Botanica Grill. I have to give credit to the on site dinning (Botanica Grill), it was very good and the prices were fine. In fact the steak sandwich I had was totally awsome!

I would only reccomend this hotel if you want a full service hotel at a budget hotel price. I've stayed at other placesin and red deer that were nicer, but they didn't have room service, a gift shop and those types of things. If a nice room and bed is the most important thing for you, I would avoid this hotel. If you want to stay somewhere for about a hundred bucks and still be able to order some food up to your room, then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
alberta
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Its is a great place if you are attending Cletus and Jolene's wedding reception. But think twice if you are coming with family for leisure.

The PLACE IS NOISY !!!

feeling fillings rattle from music from reception (too much bass on achy breaky heart) 11:30 pm

kids running around 12:00 am

family potraits in front of room where conception occured 1:00

family memories priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
jmytz, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 18, 2009
The beautiful Bontanica poolside courtyard at the Red Deer Lodge, provides a great location for special occasion’s pictures but always has the opportunity to reduce the experience of guests occupying the courtyard rooms. We strive to create unique guest experiences and in this case have not exceeded your expectations. I apologize for this inconvenience, but do hope you would give the hotel a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Red Deer hotels

Swift Current, SK
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Staff was super friendly and the food was excellent. Room was newly renovated and was quiet, clean and comfortable. I have stayed at many hotels in Red Deer for business and this one has become my hotel of choice from now on!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business