“staff all very helpful”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Rocky Mtn House
“staff all very helpful”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

we stayed on a friday night.there was a lacross tourniment on that week end and the staff keeped things undercontrol very well even though the parents could not. rooms were well maintained.Food was great. we will be back .thanks

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
vickishane,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Red Deer lodge for a work event and experienced one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at.

The hotel is incredibly dated and in desperate need of a refresh. I was "upgraded" to a suite which featured stained carpets, a dirty bathroom and tv's that belong in a museum!

The hotel offers a free breakfast which is unappetizing and staffed by some very miserable people.

Definitely a hotel to avoid if you find yourself in Red Deer.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank mattincan
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
mattincan,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I do apologize your trip was unpleasant. The furniture in some of our rooms is not the newest but we do have expectations of our room attendants to keep the rooms as clean as possible for our guests. We are working towards changing the TV's in the guest rooms to flat screens and do have some rooms completed in the Courtyard area. I have shared your feedback on the breakfast buffet with the food and beverage team as we have received several comments complimenting the food selection and friendly service of our morning servers from other guests. We appreciate your business and realize you have choices when travelling in the Red Deer area. We would love the opportunity serve you again.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I recently stayed at the Red Deer Lodge for buisness and although the lodge is older the rooms were good. The shower does need some minor repairs but it was a good quiet night of rest. The lodge had a complementary breakfast which was good and had a great selection of food. The location to downtown meetings was great all within walking distance. I will stay here when I have buisness in Red Deer the next trip

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mike W,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. If you had an opportunity during your stay to inform the Front Desk agents about the guest room concern with the shower, I am confident our Maintenance team resolved the issue. I am glad the breakfast buffet started your day off right. Please come back soon and visit.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My family and I decided to make reservations to eat here on Mother's Day. I must clarify that we did not stay in any rooms, just came to eat. It was a buffet style meal. We got our food right when it came out it looked like and everything on my plate was cold and blan. I didn't enjoy anything except the fruit. Infact that was the only thing I ended up eating because everything was so gross, the juice they had wasn't even cold. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge 24 dollars for a buffet! It was not good at all and I felt very ripped off. It was 75 dollars for my boyfriend my mom and I and we were not pleased. Definitly never going here again, especially on a special day like this. They should put more work into the food! The "service" was alright but we felt we couldn't tip the "waiter" because our food was so gross and we felt like we shouldn't of even paid our bill.. So I felt bad about that, but seriously change it up and put some more thought into it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Maddie2213
Maddie2213,

Thank you for your feedback on your dining experience in Botanica Restaurant located in the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am truly sorry your special day with your family was impacted by the food presentation. I am sharing your comments with our Culinary team of the Hotel as we appreciate our guests sharing their observations with us. Our goal is to make every experience in our Hotel and restaurant a memorable one for our guests and we will use this information to review our processes in Botanica. We would love the opportunity to serve you again.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just spent 4 nights for a Dance competition and had a great stay. Rooms seemed to be updated although we had an old style TV. Very accommodating and polite staff. Really good hotel for groups. Dining was open until 10 which works when you are on a variable schedule. Morning buffet was very convenient and had a good variety. Probably only complaint was food was average both in the restaurant and especially in the buffet. Have stayed in other years and I was always impressed with the quality of the morning buffet but this year dissappointed. Given it was included with my stay it would not stop me staying here again. Heating cooling unit worked great in our room and was fairly quiet

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor courtyard double room it was lovely. The suites are nice but very dark.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JoAnnJ142,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Courtyard rooms did get updated in 2009 with furniture with the exception of the TV's in the guest rooms. We do have a few rooms with flat screens and are working towards getting the rest of the rooms completed. I do apologize the food this year was less impressive from your previous stays. Without more details on what was missing, it is difficult for our culinary team to propose changes. We appreciate your business and would love the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Calgary AB
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed two nights for a small conference, Friday & Saturday nights. Lots of parents with young children in the pool meant the restaurant / atrium was a noisy place. The frequently refreshed buffet allowed a wide choice at most meals and service was good and servers friendly.

My sixth floor non-smoking tower room was quiet compared to the atrium rooms but suffered from older mechanical equipment noise and noisy people at the elevator (my room was next to the elevators). On arriving the room smelled of chemical air freshener, resolved by opening the window. The hotel emphasizes 'green' living and encourages recycling and minimizing staff action if it isn't needed. The room itself was comfortable and well equipped but is showing its age - loose power outlets (dangerous!), noisy ventilation and HVAC equipment, bathroom fixtures showing wear and tear with regular usage. Internet service is free (wifi and wired) in the rooms and meeting rooms, but my computer gave dire warnings about insecure public service; I had to over-ride 'safety' settings if I wanted to use the service. This just after the Heartbleed incident!

The hotel accommodates smokers and welcomes pets - but keeps them on separate floors from non-smokers & non-pet owners. Good policy!

Our conference room was well equipped and serviced with refreshments; again internet access was available and included (or 'free?'). Meeting rooms were locked when not in use, so security was reasonable.

Room Tip: Tower, away from the elevators. Make sure you ask for what you want re: pets, smoking, etc.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
CalgaryMark42,

We appreciate all our guests and the feedback they provide and I want to thank you for sharing your experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Tower area tends to be the quieter floors as it is away from the pool area which is well attended by our younger guests especially on weekends. The Tower rooms do contain furniture older than the Courtyard rooms that were renovated in 2009 and the Housekeeping team work to keep the product as clean as possible. Our Maintenance team does complete visual inspections of the rooms and since we do not have a room number, I am confident they locate the loose power outlet and repair or replace it. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when you are travelling in the Red Deer area.
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Our hockey team stayed here a few weeks ago. We checked in a night before the rest of the team and were woken at 7:15am to loud construction on the roof above our room (jackhammers) . Management dealt with It great and made sure that the rest of that weekend they were working on the roof later.

Breakfast that were included for our team were fantastic, Great variety at the buffet. We also rented a social room for our team to use on the Friday and Saturday night. A defiant must do for any team coming. Great for a place to all socialize.

The rooms are outdated for sure and defiantly need to be updated with new TV's. Also bedding sucked as the fitted bottom sheets are not deep enough so the first morning our sheets were off of the bed. Housekeeping tried to help find something but in the long run we just took the flat sheet and turned it the wrong way to we could tuck it in better and that worked for us. Rooms were clean upon arrival and house keeping were very friendly

Room Tip: Rooms in the courtyard facing the pool are very warm, rooms facing outside were cool according to te...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
alitrem,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We value our guest's comments and views. It provides opportunity for us to review processes or procedures. I do apologize for the early morning wake up disruption. There was a miscommunication with the contractors on the allowed start time for noise. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the ability to meet with the rest of the team in a separate meeting room. I will pass on your comments regarding the bedding to the Director or Rooms to determine a solution to the fitted sheet concern. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.