“Nothing fancy but good enough...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed one night on a business trip that occurred when the hotel was filled to the brim with kids and families attending a hockey tournament. I wasn't inconvenienced in any way by the rambunctious children which, in my opinion, showed that the hotel was very effective at meeting the needs of a wide variety of guests. The staff were great at check in and check out and the restaurant managed to keep the service at a high quality despite the large numbers in attendance. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. I am not a fan of pools in the middle of the restaurant area so didn't go swimming, but it looked clean and large enough for many, many little hockey players. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

brenda054,

Thank you for your feedback on your trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. This past weekend we were very active with families and teams enjoying their time with us. I am very happy to read your stay was comfortable and our Associates provided outstanding service. We appreciate you selecting our Hotel and look forward to serving you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed twice. Staff was very nice. We preferred the lower room with pool access. Staying in the tower was noisy and it needs some upgrading. But was still okay. Great place to stay with kids. Really enjoyed salt water pool and very good breakfast buffet!! Great rates!

• Stayed: March 2014

Bran7,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We enjoy reading all our guest reviews and appreciate the feedback we receive. Please consider staying with us again when travelling in the Central AB area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Last week end we had a show in Red Deer we chose the lodge as they promoted a hot buffet breakfast was included . We could have stayed at other properties that also included breakfast
but the hot breakfast caught out attention.
Well that was a mistake , first day fruit was melons second day watermelon was all that was there at first then they brought out some other fruit that when you took a bite your tough was tingling either because of preservatives or that it was turning They were offering yogurt both bulk and cups after I had been through I went back to get a yogurt and of course there was non left. . The only thing they offered for meat was sausages, no Bacon either day. The sausages were cold and tasted like cardboard.(both days) Then the eggs were slightly warm . Pancakes two in the dish did not look appetizing .l must say that they did offer option of making your own waffle ,toast .
Sorry I will try anyplace else but the lodge in the future not because the rooms were bad they were clean service was good but in all the years I have traveled I have never been so disappointed with an included breakfast .,

2  Thank 65ref1
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

65ref1,

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad to read the guest room was clean and comfortable and our Associates, and their service was pleasant. I must apologize for the dining experience you encountered during your stay for the daily breakfast buffet. I will be investigating with our culinary team and the Food & Beverage Manager why the offering appeared to be lacking variety. We do offer one meat choice per day and should rotate through a few choices for our guests that stay for multiple nights. We do appreciate our guests passing along their observations as it allows for the Management team to assess our service model. We know you have choices in Red Deer and would like the opportunity to serve you again when travelling in the Red Deer area.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed for two nights at this hotel. staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. When booking they advised me that they were booking me into a room overlooking the atrium. It didn't really click in that this would be noisy. Not enough noise to complain but enough to be a negative. Old tube style T.V.'s? It's 2014...you can't buy them anymore and this hotel should be able to afford a decent TV for a room with their rates. Ordered room service twice and it came quickly and efficiently. The food was terrible though. The burger was dry and the French onion soup was the worst I've ever had. I would not recommend the food and was disappointed.

Room Tip: window to the street not to the inside of the building
2  Thank kelly j
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

kelly j,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Associates of the Hotel are indeed friendly and work towards creating a memorable visit for every guest. The rooms that overlook the Courtyard with the tropical plants do offer our guests a break from the winter conditions this time of year. It can see more activity at times with the pool and the number of guests enjoying the area. I do apologize your in room dining experience was less than fantastic. I have shared your review with the team of the Hotel for training and service quality conversations. The tube style TV's do provide a unique feel to the guest rooms and we do have a plan to address them in the future. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The reputation og this hotel has really declined over the past few years. The front staff are very good and kind. The restaurant and housekeeping staff are sub par. I had room service which consisted of a salad with asparagus and herb chicken. The salad came and had no chicken, there was a soup of dressing at the bottom of the bowl, at $14.00 plus a $2.50 delivery fee and a obligatory 16% gratuity.. it sure wasn't worth it. I was too tired to complain. In the morning we went for the free breakfast, which looked good.. there just wasn't much of any hot item except for the pot of oatmeal. When we came back to our room we found our room had been made up. The issue we had was that the floor had not been vacuumed, bathroom floor was still dirty as were the sink and coffee station.

There are some better options in Red Deer.. such as the Sheraton, Days or Holiday Inn's.

2  Thank cdnsun

cdnsun,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel for your most recent visit. It is with the assistance of our guests, we are able to review our processes and expectations with our Associates. I have shared your message with the Director of Rooms and the Food & Beverage Manager for them to follow up with their appropriate areas. The service expectations for your guest room were not met and I do apologize for that. The food quality concerns are not acceptable and I am enquiring with the culinary team where the other hot breakfast items for the breakfast buffet were. The buffet should contain more variety in addition to the oatmeal you observed on the buffet. We appreciate your business and would love the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the Red Deer area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here for the third time on business, but this time with my wife and 15 month old in tow. The hotel has had a face lift since I last stayed and overall, is a great experience. The staff are immensely friendly and the hotel very family friendly. Would deduct one star for the fact the air conditioning unit in room 323 sounds like a 747 taxi-ing for take off ... Thankfully, we had ear plugs. Other than that— a great stay.

Room Tip: Check the noise level — our room had a very loud air conditioner.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy B
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

AndyGBLondon,

Thank you for the rating of your most recent trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad the family enjoyed their time at the Hotel and our service specialists helped create the positive experience. I do apologize the heating/cooling unit in your room impacted your rest and I thank you for specifying the room number to allow us to check on the unit to correct the issue for the next guest. We look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to the Red Deer and central AB area.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Check in was difficult and the person behind the counter was abraisive and rude. The room was on a booked block special rate and she charged me full price. I paid with debit card for both nights and had to pay full amount till check out Sunday. She then charged my credit card as well and it took 4 days AFTER check out to reverse. My card was not cleared till thursday the week following check out. Had to present the email to get the discount room rate. Even though half of the team got the rate and the other half did not. Breakfast was sub par. Potatoes were hard. You could tell they were cooked day before and sat then were heated up. No bacon and the sausage was burnt on the outside and grey mushy content within. Fruit choices were limited. Staff was 9 out of 10 inerations with rude staff. The server on sat night was outstanding. She was fantastic. Only staff there who was decent. Rooms were clean but considering it was January there was only one extra blanket in a two bed hotel room and they would not give us an extra blanket. Check in girl told us our room number and it was over looking the court yard. Wrong room number and it over looked the parking lot. Dont care about the "view" but it was embarassing trying to get in the WRONG ROOM

Room Tip: Ask for a court yard view. It is an inside room and warmer in winter as they will not let you have...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Teresa C

Teresa C,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your latest visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We use the feedback from our guests to review our processes and policy and where possible, implement improvements. I apologize your trip was less than satisfactory. The Front Desk agents work with the information provided to them for group rates and it appears there was a communication error between the Sales person and the Front Desk on the proper rate your group was to receive. The breakfast buffet is prepared fresh each morning and we do switch between bacon and sausage to allow our guests variety when staying more than one day. We realize you have choices when staying in the Red Deer area and appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you again soon.