“ok stay little noisey”

Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed for two nights at this hotel. staff was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. When booking they advised me that they were booking me into a room overlooking the atrium. It didn't really click in that this would be noisy. Not enough noise to complain but enough to be a negative. Old tube style T.V.'s? It's 2014...you can't buy them anymore and this hotel should be able to afford a decent TV for a room with their rates. Ordered room service twice and it came quickly and efficiently. The food was terrible though. The burger was dry and the French onion soup was the worst I've ever had. I would not recommend the food and was disappointed.

Room Tip: window to the street not to the inside of the building
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank kelly j
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

kelly j,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Associates of the Hotel are indeed friendly and work towards creating a memorable visit for every guest. The rooms that overlook the Courtyard with the tropical plants do offer our guests a break from the winter conditions this time of year. It can see more activity at times with the pool and the number of guests enjoying the area. I do apologize your in room dining experience was less than fantastic. I have shared your review with the team of the Hotel for training and service quality conversations. The tube style TV's do provide a unique feel to the guest rooms and we do have a plan to address them in the future. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The reputation og this hotel has really declined over the past few years. The front staff are very good and kind. The restaurant and housekeeping staff are sub par. I had room service which consisted of a salad with asparagus and herb chicken. The salad came and had no chicken, there was a soup of dressing at the bottom of the bowl, at $14.00 plus a $2.50 delivery fee and a obligatory 16% gratuity.. it sure wasn't worth it. I was too tired to complain. In the morning we went for the free breakfast, which looked good.. there just wasn't much of any hot item except for the pot of oatmeal. When we came back to our room we found our room had been made up. The issue we had was that the floor had not been vacuumed, bathroom floor was still dirty as were the sink and coffee station.

There are some better options in Red Deer.. such as the Sheraton, Days or Holiday Inn's.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank cdnsun

cdnsun,

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel for your most recent visit. It is with the assistance of our guests, we are able to review our processes and expectations with our Associates. I have shared your message with the Director of Rooms and the Food & Beverage Manager for them to follow up with their appropriate areas. The service expectations for your guest room were not met and I do apologize for that. The food quality concerns are not acceptable and I am enquiring with the culinary team where the other hot breakfast items for the breakfast buffet were. The buffet should contain more variety in addition to the oatmeal you observed on the buffet. We appreciate your business and would love the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the Red Deer area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed here for the third time on business, but this time with my wife and 15 month old in tow. The hotel has had a face lift since I last stayed and overall, is a great experience. The staff are immensely friendly and the hotel very family friendly. Would deduct one star for the fact the air conditioning unit in room 323 sounds like a 747 taxi-ing for take off ... Thankfully, we had ear plugs. Other than that— a great stay.

Room Tip: Check the noise level — our room had a very loud air conditioner.
1  Thank Andy B
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

AndyGBLondon,

Thank you for the rating of your most recent trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad the family enjoyed their time at the Hotel and our service specialists helped create the positive experience. I do apologize the heating/cooling unit in your room impacted your rest and I thank you for specifying the room number to allow us to check on the unit to correct the issue for the next guest. We look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to the Red Deer and central AB area.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Check in was difficult and the person behind the counter was abraisive and rude. The room was on a booked block special rate and she charged me full price. I paid with debit card for both nights and had to pay full amount till check out Sunday. She then charged my credit card as well and it took 4 days AFTER check out to reverse. My card was not cleared till thursday the week following check out. Had to present the email to get the discount room rate. Even though half of the team got the rate and the other half did not. Breakfast was sub par. Potatoes were hard. You could tell they were cooked day before and sat then were heated up. No bacon and the sausage was burnt on the outside and grey mushy content within. Fruit choices were limited. Staff was 9 out of 10 inerations with rude staff. The server on sat night was outstanding. She was fantastic. Only staff there who was decent. Rooms were clean but considering it was January there was only one extra blanket in a two bed hotel room and they would not give us an extra blanket. Check in girl told us our room number and it was over looking the court yard. Wrong room number and it over looked the parking lot. Dont care about the "view" but it was embarassing trying to get in the WRONG ROOM

Room Tip: Ask for a court yard view. It is an inside room and warmer in winter as they will not let you have...
2  Thank Teresa C

Teresa C,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your latest visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. We use the feedback from our guests to review our processes and policy and where possible, implement improvements. I apologize your trip was less than satisfactory. The Front Desk agents work with the information provided to them for group rates and it appears there was a communication error between the Sales person and the Front Desk on the proper rate your group was to receive. The breakfast buffet is prepared fresh each morning and we do switch between bacon and sausage to allow our guests variety when staying more than one day. We realize you have choices when staying in the Red Deer area and appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed at the Red Deer Lodge in early January for a team tournament. We had a suite on the fourth floor. The room was perfect in size for us with a large living room and a separate bedroom with 2 double beds. We prefer this type of room when travel as it provides our kids a little space and us some as well. They are renovating and when we checked in I was hopefully that the whole hotel had already been renovated. WRONG.. The carpets in our room were filthy. The furniture in the room was new though. The bathroom needed a complete renovation. The buffet breakfast was alright. My inlaws had a renovated suite though which was much nicer than our suite. My kids loved the pool as its in the middle of the atrium and it feels tropical to them. Location is great - hopefully next time its renovated completely

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bellek18
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

bellek18.

Thank you for your comments regarding your trip to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is great to see we have the room configuration that works for your family needs. I agree the bathrooms in the Tower rooms could be updated but the dirty carpet is a concern that I have shared with the Director of Rooms to address with her team. We look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to the Red Deer area.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel is very dated. They are under renovation but very obvious this is too late. Rm 572 was cold and thermostat did not make a difference until 4 AM when it jumped to 30 degrees. Bath tub would not drain and Hot water tap did not work. I had to push in to get water started. Once started, water temperature was either scolding hot or ice cold. It took 3-4 minutes to find an appropriate temperature to shower. Would have been very dangerous for children. TV volume did not work and TV is from 1985. I went for a jacuzzi one night and had to walk through restaurant to get there to find stand up tub of hot water with no jets? strange. Tile around pool extremely slippery. I would not take children to this pool. I bet there are many accidents from children slipping.
Lounge had no decor. Two TV's stuck on a wall with no ambiance. Again strange that no one realized how cheap this looks.
Vehicles were ransacked in parking lot. Luckily not mine but reported two vehicles had possessions strewn about their dark parking lot in front of hotel.
Staff were wonderful and friendly. Service in restaurant was great. Food was OK. Rooms were clean. Free Breakfast was a nice touch.
JUST DATED. Not the best $110 I've ever paid but not the worst either. I would opt for one of the newer hotels in Red Deer for a few $ more for a better experience.

Room Tip: I hope they have some rooms re-modled soon.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

sharpee2,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is with the assistance of our guests sharing their experiences, our team has the opportunity to review our processes and service models. I do apologize you encountered issues with the comfort of the guest room. Thank you for providing the room number so I can arrange our Maintenance team to follow up with your concerns and have them corrected if not already dealt with. I agree with you when you say the Associates of the Hotel are wonderful. We do appreciate your business and would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stated at Red Deer Lodge for a single night over the holidays. Upon checking, we were asked if we were superstitious. Thinking nothing of it, we said no. As it turns out, we were given room 666. The room was clean and warm and the bathroom was pleasant upon initial inspection.

However, upon settling in we began to experience strange anomalies. It began with the sound of children's laughter emanating from the closet. First off, we don't have children. Secondly, there were definitely no children in the closet or the hallway. Curious.

We decided to take a shower and were a little alarmed when blood began to spout from the showerhead. I called over my partner but by the time he got there it has stopped. Figured it must have just been my imagination.

Was intrigued that the towels were folded into scenes from Paradise Lost, and almost didn't want to use them. Also, towels were nice and big.

During the night heard a strange scratching coming from behind the bathroom mirror. When we went to examine it we were shocked to see the image of a ghostly woman screaming at us silently in the mirror. As she began to crawl out towards us we lost consciousness.

At some point we were returned to our beds and serenaded for the rest of the night by the sounds of multiple children crying and ravens.

All in all a fairly uneventful seat. Highly recommend both the lounge and the tasty free breakfast buffet. The Lodge has excellent food and friendly service, although would not take 666 again unless room is cleansed of evil spirits.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KSawisky
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

KSawisky,

Thank you for taking time to submit your feedback and observations on your stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad to see you enjoyed your breakfast buffet in Botanica the next morning. We realize there are several choices of Hotels in Red Deer and appreciate you selecting us. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the area.