“Great place for you and your dog!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer

Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Alberta
“Great place for you and your dog!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great place, friendly, great with pets, separate tower for people without dogs. Great place for entertainment and nice pool! Always stay here when we are in Red Deer! Stayed here many times and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Gryde,

Thank you for your feedback on your latest visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am glad to see your trip was more enjoyable by having your pet stay with you. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We checked in on Oct 31st - beautiful sunny day as was the next day, Nov 1st. We were in Red Deer for dog shows. The Red Deer Lodge Hotel was the sponsor hotel for the dog show and welcomed the dog show exhibitors. The Red Deer Curling Classic was also the same weekend and the hotel was filled with curling teams from all over. A couple of hockey teams were there as well. It was fun spending time at a hotel bursting with guests in town doing things that they are passionate about.

But it started to pound snow on Saturday, Nov 2nd. The hotel is older, but well-kept - spacious rooms, great amenities, restaurant. As the snow kept coming down, we felt very cozy there knowing we had everything we needed.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
LeavinMsla,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your great experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am happy to see your trip to Red Deer was enjoyable and provided you the opportunity to witness winter arrive with enthusiasm during the weekend. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you in April at the next dog show in Red Deer.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

No complaints. Didn't stay for 12 hours, just went to sleep and ate breakfast and left. Would recommend though! Rooms were fine beds were comfy. Nice that breakfast was included. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool or even have a shower, but check in desk was friendly and checkout was efficient (no checkout required). Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Cutiepatootie,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments regarding your experience with the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I encourage you to return when you have more time to experience what we have to offer. We appreciate your business and await your return to our City.
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

After reading a lot of not-so-good reviews on here, I was a little disappointed when my company chose this hotel, but I quickly changed my mind. Maybe I just got lucky, but my entire stay was fantastic. I don't have anything at all bad to say. The staff (every single person, from maintenance to manager) was extremely friendly and helpful. I had no maintenance issues whatsoever, and my room was spotless, well-maintained, comfortable and quiet. I was advised that the pool/courtyard area could get noisy at times, so I did stay in the tower even though I was told that the courtyard rooms had been updated and the tower had not. Again, maybe I just got lucky but my tower room was just fine. And as it turned out, the pool area was completely quiet the whole time I was there, so it would have been fine too.

The pool area was very nice. I read one reviewer who complained that it was old, outdated and not very nice. I did not agree at all with that review. It's not brand new so I guess you could say it's a little dated, but I thought it was just fine. They obviously put a lot of thought into the decor, with the curved walkways, trees, lattice-work, etc. In fact, I thought it was nicer than usual for similarly priced hotels. Granted, it's in the courtyard near the restaurant, but that didn't bother me at all.

Breakfast was a pretty typical, nice buffet - eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, juice and coffee, etc. I especially liked the big bowl of fresh melon (usually watermelon). I tried the lunch buffet and reviewed it under "BotaniCa Restaurant". (nice meal, good value)

This is the only hotel I've stayed at in Red Deer so I don't know what the competition is like, but I would describe my experience as a solid 3.5 or maybe 4-star. Very nice and no complaints. The professional photos posted by management on this site are accurate.

Room Tip: Trust the front desk to steer you to the best room. I expressed my particular concerns to them and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
mkreview123,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your first visit to both the City of Red Deer and the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The Hotel does have some unique features and some areas have not been refreshed as recently as others but the team does take pride in what we offer our guests. It was our pleasure to serve you and look forward to the opportunity to have you visit us again in the near future.
Edmonton, AB, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and myself stayed overnight here on our way to Calgary. The pros: quick, efficient check in, very clean room, comfortable bed, nice swimming pool, decent free breakfast.
The cons: really only how dated the rooms are.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teresa,

We appreciate all our guests sharing their experiences while staying at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. Thank you for your comments regarding your overnight visit with us. Please consider visiting us again when travelling to the Red Deer area.
Canmore, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just came home from a visit in Red Deer and while we were there we took my mother for brunch at the lodge.The front end staff all had big smiles.Thats where the positive review ends.On our first venture up to the buffet well over half the pans are empty.My mother had to ask for them to be refilled!When the kitchen staff did stock up the food the condition of their clothing was filthy.I went up twice to get bacon and there was never any,roast beef ice cold,under cooked sausage.Please,someone tell me how can a chef can screw up scrambled eggs this bad?The list of bad food is endless.The restaurant it self was dirty,food on the floor,thread worn carpet,battered walls. The floor in front of the buffet was so sticky a stepped out of my flip flops!We have been for brunch here many times and have even stayed here for two family weddings,but after this last trip,it will be our last.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank esk70
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
esk70,

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to the Botanica restaurant located in the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is a great way for our guests to work with us to ensure our service model is reviewed and improvements can be implemented to enhance our guest experiences. I do apologize that your visit with your Mother to our Brunch was less than perfect. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage team to investigate why the buffet was not replenished in a timely fashion. We would love the opportunity to serve you again if at all possible.
West Kelowna , B.C. Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We originally booked a room in the tower but upon check in the non smoking tower room smelled strongly of smoke. They relocated us to a non smoking room in the courtyard overlooking the pool. this was done quickly with no issues. The room was clean, but vey poorly lit. The room are quite dated and very basic. The sheets on the bed are very poor fitting and come off the beds easily leaving you sleeping on the mattresses. The water pressure in the shower is poor but there was suffiicient hot water. The breakfast was fine, a few hot choices so for a free breakfast there are no complaints. The service for breakfast was really good, they were happy, and dishes were promply cleared. The fitness room is fine, small but clean. The pool was OK it claims salt water, but everyone came up smelling stronly of chlorine.much more so than most other pools. The hot tub was disgusting as you could see the skin cells floating in the tub.. All in all, the service was the only thing that I would recommend and would not stay at this hotel going forward.

Room Tip: The rooms say non smoking but smelled of smoke. If you are staying at this hotel ask to see the roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mekathy
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Mekathy,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is the participation of our guests that allow us to review our processes and implement improvements for our guests. I am glad to see the Front Desk was able to resolve the room selection for you quickly. I will communicate with our Executive Housekeeper in regards to the linen on your bed as it appears the wrong sheet was used in the room in question. The pool is a salt water filtered and operates to the AB health standards and is regularly tested to proper balance. We do appreciate you selecting our Hotel for your visit to the area and would love the opportunity to serve you again if possible.