“Clean Room”

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Edmonton, AB, Canada
“Clean Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and myself stayed overnight here on our way to Calgary. The pros: quick, efficient check in, very clean room, comfortable bed, nice swimming pool, decent free breakfast.
The cons: really only how dated the rooms are.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Teresa,

We appreciate all our guests sharing their experiences while staying at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. Thank you for your comments regarding your overnight visit with us. Please consider visiting us again when travelling to the Red Deer area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Canmore, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Just came home from a visit in Red Deer and while we were there we took my mother for brunch at the lodge.The front end staff all had big smiles.Thats where the positive review ends.On our first venture up to the buffet well over half the pans are empty.My mother had to ask for them to be refilled!When the kitchen staff did stock up the food the condition of their clothing was filthy.I went up twice to get bacon and there was never any,roast beef ice cold,under cooked sausage.Please,someone tell me how can a chef can screw up scrambled eggs this bad?The list of bad food is endless.The restaurant it self was dirty,food on the floor,thread worn carpet,battered walls. The floor in front of the buffet was so sticky a stepped out of my flip flops!We have been for brunch here many times and have even stayed here for two family weddings,but after this last trip,it will be our last.

2 Thank esk70
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
esk70,

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to the Botanica restaurant located in the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is a great way for our guests to work with us to ensure our service model is reviewed and improvements can be implemented to enhance our guest experiences. I do apologize that your visit with your Mother to our Brunch was less than perfect. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage team to investigate why the buffet was not replenished in a timely fashion. We would love the opportunity to serve you again if at all possible.

Travelers are raving about these Red Deer hotels

West Kelowna , B.C. Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We originally booked a room in the tower but upon check in the non smoking tower room smelled strongly of smoke. They relocated us to a non smoking room in the courtyard overlooking the pool. this was done quickly with no issues. The room was clean, but vey poorly lit. The room are quite dated and very basic. The sheets on the bed are very poor fitting and come off the beds easily leaving you sleeping on the mattresses. The water pressure in the shower is poor but there was suffiicient hot water. The breakfast was fine, a few hot choices so for a free breakfast there are no complaints. The service for breakfast was really good, they were happy, and dishes were promply cleared. The fitness room is fine, small but clean. The pool was OK it claims salt water, but everyone came up smelling stronly of chlorine.much more so than most other pools. The hot tub was disgusting as you could see the skin cells floating in the tub.. All in all, the service was the only thing that I would recommend and would not stay at this hotel going forward.

Room Tip: The rooms say non smoking but smelled of smoke. If you are staying at this hotel ask to see the roo...
1 Thank mekathy
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Mekathy,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is the participation of our guests that allow us to review our processes and implement improvements for our guests. I am glad to see the Front Desk was able to resolve the room selection for you quickly. I will communicate with our Executive Housekeeper in regards to the linen on your bed as it appears the wrong sheet was used in the room in question. The pool is a salt water filtered and operates to the AB health standards and is regularly tested to proper balance. We do appreciate you selecting our Hotel for your visit to the area and would love the opportunity to serve you again if possible.
Edmonton, AB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'm attending Red Deer on business and selected this hotel for its proximity to downtown (about a 10 minute walk to the courthouse and city hall).

The great things about this hotel: it is right across the street from Safeway. This, plus the fact that you can get a microwave and mini fridge, means less eating out. Also, I found their continental breakfast to have a good selection and the service was friendly. The service at the front desk is friendly and accommodating as well.

While the gym is small, it still has everything you need for a workout - dumbbells, lat pull down, chest press, leg curl, elliptical, two treadmills and one bike.

The business centre consists of two computers and one printer. All worked well and they are also able to arrange for delivery or pickup of couriered packages, which was great.

The less desirable: the first night I stayed in a queen tower room on floor 3. While dated, the room was clean so no complaints there. However, the pipes above were so loud that when the person above showered or used the facet (?) it woke me up twice. Light sleepers, ask for the top floor!

Because of this, I have switched to a junior suite overlooking the pool and courtyard. The junior suite is updated and feels more like a traditional home, with the bedroom being separated. My only complaint here is that there is NO wireless, at least in this suite. While the plug-in works fine, don't expect to be able to take your laptop anywhere where the cord will not reach - a major disadvantage if you need to work longer hours. That being said, if you don't mind being tied to the desk then the plugin option works fine and the Internet is fast.

If it weren't for those issues, I would give the hotel a 4/5. Overall, If here for corporate travel I would suggest a junior suite - but check that it has wifi first!

Room Tip: Get a top room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
simplicity03,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I do apologize your rest was interupted with the noises of the guest above you. It was great to see our Front Desk team relocated you to a room that was more comfortable. I will be advising our Regional IT team to assist me in resolving the poor internet signal you encountered to ensure our guests have sufficient signal while staying with us. We appreciate you choosing our Hotel and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our 6th floor guestroom was a disappointment because the rugs were very, very stained and dirty. The hallway rugs were also stained. There was no LCD screen tv but rather the old style television so the reception was poor and we weren't able to rent movies, etc. The staff and service was very good though and the free breakfast was delicious. This hotel needs an upgrade.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
GrumpyKitteh,

Thank you for your comments regarding your latest visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I do apologize the reception was not clear on your TV. I will discuss with the Maintenance team to check the cable connections on the 6th floor during their room inspections. The Associates in the Hotel are great and I am happy to see you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel was an excellent choice from the minute we walked in we knew we picked a good hotel. The room was spacious, beds very comfortable and the atrium where the pool is located is lovely. With the help from the girl in the dining we had the buffet which was a great choice and great price. The complimentary breakfast was lovely with a very friendly staff. I would stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
floody17,

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am pleased to see your first visit with us made an impression. The team here at the Hotel is great and the ladies who work in morning in Botanica really start our guests day off with a smile. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when you travel in the Central AB area.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I and 4 children spent a lovely vacation at this Central Alberta Hotel in Red Deer.
We had a family and JR Suite room side X Side 10 feet away from the indoor heated saltwater swimming pool and spa.
As you all know a swimming pool is a kids best friend and having access to one almost all day long was fantastic!! Another awesome benefit to staying here was that breakfast was included for all of us each day.
This is the next best thing here in Alberta that compares to a resort lifestyle. The court room was full of tropical foliage that gave the feel that you were in a tropical paradise.
The restaurant also serves excellent meals with great down home service. I am very happy that my family and I found this great central location in Alberta to stay while taking day trips to Drumheller and Sylvan lake.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are best!!
Dave S,

Thank you for the great feedback concerning your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is great to read that you and your family had a fun and relaxing experience while staying with us. We look forward to you and the family making a return trip very soon.