“Vacation stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Boise, Idaho
“Vacation stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel was clean and well kept. The personnel were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The food was OK, a bit high priced, but the staff there was friendly. The saltwater pool made the difference between coming back after along day and relaxing in the pool or if it had been a chlorine pool we would not been able to use. The down size of the spa was no seats to sit on . We would definitely use this hotel or one of there hotels in another area on next years trip

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Jackie R,

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am happy you enjoyed our pool and was able to relax after a long day. We appreciate you selecting our Hotel and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Central Alberta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Overall, this is a great place to stay if you are on a mini holiday or here for work. I am here for training from work.
The rooms are very clean and they strive to look out for the environment. They use Eco friendly soaps and lotion. I stayed in a courtyard room.
The staff is so friendly. I am greeted everywhere I look.
The hot tub has no bench, but at least there is a hot tub and pool! Be advised though, you have to use the same step stool that you would in the deep end of a pool to get in and out of both hot tub and pool here.
The complimentary breakfast is pretty good. Fruit, pastries, two types of eggs, either bacon or sausages, hash browns, toast, and self made waffles are on the menu. You can also get 250ml milks, apple juice, and orange juice.
The staff in the morning is very friendly. Even though you have a ticket for a free breakfast, please tip them. It is only right (my own advice). They are so nice and deserve it.
The resturant is pretty good too. I had a ceaser salad and a burger one night and the salad was awesome and the burger was good. They accommodated my request for malt vinegar and brought me a dish when I asked.
Internet is good here, but every time you close your phone or laptop/iPad, you have to go to an Internet explorer and reconnect. I suspect this is to preserve bandwidth and allow guests who are actually using the Internet to have access.
Overall, I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank o0Zoe
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
o0Zoe,

I want to thank you for sharing your impression and observations of your visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I am proud of my team when they create an experience for our guests like they have for you when staying with us. I will pass on your comments to the Food & Beverage team for the food and selection. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Red Deer Lodge is an older hotel in the center of Red Deer. The rooms are clean but dated, The beds are comfortable, the staff is friendly and courteous. We had no problem with the noise levels, it was very quiet. We stayed at the lodge because they are pet friendly, and have free internet and breakfast, which we enjoyed. When parking we did see the notice stating that the hotel is not responsible for loss or damage to the vehicles parked there, and when someone smashed out the car window looking for stuff to steal, management stuck to their policy, Not even an offer of a free night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dave C,

Thank you for comments regarding your experience at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel during your last visit. Our team works to keep our Hotel clean and in great working order. I am happy to read that our service specialists impressed you with their professionalism and friendliness. It is disappointing that your trip was impacted by the actions of individuals who lack respect of property not belonging to them. I hope these actions will not deter you from returning to the City of Red Deer in the future.
Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Front desk staff is awesome, , at first our rooms where not satisfactory but made sure our rooms where up graded . My only complaint was the restaurant service is something to be desired .

Room Tip: Stayed on the second floor over looking the pool, great rooms, specially if you are staying with fa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Sask-farm-gal,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your last visit with us at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I will let the Front Desk team know they made your experience better by listening and changing your room to one that better suited your needs. I would like to hear more in regards to the service concerns voiced for the Restaurant to allow us the opportunity to implement improvement in process. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to the City of Red Deer.
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This past weekend our fencing team stayed here. The rooms were nice and clean. The noise level through the entire evening was out of control. There were teenage girls running through the hallways causing more than one person to request a move at 2 AM after the staff dismissed these issues. Maintenance was being done at 4AM which echoed through the entire atrium to more than one room. Our morning was greeted with one of the saddest breakfast buffets I have ever seen in my life.....which included ants (obviously trained winter survival ants!) crawling along the railing where we were seated in the atrium.

Dont let them fool you.....there really is no lounge here. A couple of TV planted in part of the open restaurent...your server will dissapear to the back to god know where to pour a drink then bring it out to you.

Not impressed. I would really resonsider this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CHRISTOPHER V,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. I do apologize our other guests disrupted your visit with their noise levels in the early morning hours. The Hotel has received several positive comments in regards to the new hot breakfast buffet. I would be interested in hearing more details on your experience. The lounge area of the Hotel is connected to the Restaurant and is a more open service area. We have received mixed reviews of the space as it is nice for some but not for everyone. May your next visit to the City of Red Deer be more enjoyable and relaxing.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great and friendly hospility. You will not find a better hotel in Red Deer. The staff at the reception and restaurant made us feel at home. First time making my waffles at the breakfast buffet! I enjoyed the lodge style because you feel as if you had plenty of space and not crowded like a modern hotel. The hotel has all the amneties for a short stay: games, fitness, pool, restaurant, salon etc. I stringly reccomend and would defenitly make this hotel part of my next stay in Red Deer

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
alainparenti,

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your recent visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our Hot breakfast buffet. We have had several guests compliment us on our selection. I will pass on your compliments to the serving team as they love to know when they have created memories for our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Red Deer.
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This property, together with a few others in the province were once all "Courtyard Inns". Very nice properties with an iconic courtyard in the center of the property. I even worked at the Lethbridge location back in the day. It seems however, that after changes in ownership, things haven't kept up.

The guest rooms are clean but old and needing renovation as they certainly don't match the contemporary look of the hallways. They do however have very good wifi.

The meeting rooms however are nice with great service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kevin R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Red Deer, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
idarknight,

I want to thank you for your comments concerning your latest visit to the Red Deer Lodge Hotel. The team does take pride in keeping our building clean and in proper working order. I was with the Hotel during the Courtyard Inns time and I think the Hotel is a gem as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the City of Red Deer.