“Room was very average. Furniture is very ordinary and...”

Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Room was very average. Furniture is very ordinary and dated. I was very disappointed over this. Pool very small as well as hot tub. OK if you have kids but as a couple not very good. For a Ramada chain - found it very ordinary.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Deanna S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer. We are continuously in the process of improving our product and services. We are going through renovations, as we speak, to bring some of our products up to date. Hopefully, we have this completed for your next trip in town to show the true culture you have come to expect from the Ramada hotels. Thank you again for sharing your experience at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer, we look forward to having you as guests once again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The room was a little warm but the sheets were clean and the pillows were fantastic! The pool was closed while we were there. The continental breakfast was very good. Overall it was a good experience and I would be happy to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Deanna S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Your willingness to share your thoughts on your recent experience at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer is genuinely appreciated. I'm happy that you enjoyed our clean guest rooms and our delicious hot breakfast in the morning. I do sincerely apologize that the pool was not functional for the duration of your stay but I do encourage you to stay with us next time you're in Red Deer to receive the full experience. Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and we hope to accommodate you again in the future at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 31, 2013

good!

Bed was comfy and surprisingly quiet for all the crowds of hockey tournament kids we saw in the lobby and pool area.

Room was bit warm so had window opened all night.

Quick check in and check out.

Would come back to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds, our quick check-in and check-out process, and that our rooms were quiet for the high volume of traffic we had staying at the hotel during the provincial hockey tournament that Red Deer hosts every year. I encourage you that if your room is uncomfortable in any way, that you promptly let the front desk staff know as we are there 24 hours to assist. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughtful comments and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I checked in at the ramada Red deer march 13 leaving a cash deposit of $200 as soon as I got to the room #422 I found a pair of dirty black men's socks in the sheets of the bed near the pillows, I immediately came down to the front desk to complain they said they would compensate me for upon checkout. Upon returning back to my room i found an empty toilet paper roll and no tissue paper at all, the maid had done a poor job of cleaning it was as if they has just checked me into a room that was occupied without being cleaned first. The following morning they refused to give me a late check out of 1 o'clock which is regular late check out at ramada hotels I left at 12pm. The front desk manager Deanna Shaw than told me the room smelt of smoke which is impossible I am a non smoker as to why I booked a non smoking room, as the hotel does also offer smoking rooms but I clearly had booked non smoking because I am not a smoker. After waiting fifteen minutes finally the front desk manager had the general manager Vimal Pillay on the phone to speak to me, he then informed me I would not be receiving my two hundred dollar deposit back and that they would no longer be compensating me for the filthy socks in my bed. I will never stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013
Vimal P, General Manager at Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer stands by its decision not to offer you a discount or a refund for the extra charged for smoking in our guest room. The room you rented was clean and vacant the night before. This room was checked twice; once by the room attendant supervisor (Friday after check-out) and again in the morning (Saturday) by the executive housekeeper. Every vacant room at my property is checked each morning for operational reasons. In addition, we have white sheets on all our beds and therefore two of my senior staff missing “the pair of black socks” on top of the bed is next to impossible. At the time of check-out, your room was checked by three different employees of the hotel and each claimed this reeked of smoke (and some). I even suggested to you to have the RCMP called to verify this. You ignored my suggestion.