“Good last minute stay was...”

Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Edmonton, AB
“Good last minute stay was...”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

good!

Bed was comfy and surprisingly quiet for all the crowds of hockey tournament kids we saw in the lobby and pool area.

Room was bit warm so had window opened all night.

Quick check in and check out.

Would come back to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Deanna S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfy beds, our quick check-in and check-out process, and that our rooms were quiet for the high volume of traffic we had staying at the hotel during the provincial hockey tournament that Red Deer hosts every year. I encourage you that if your room is uncomfortable in any way, that you promptly let the front desk staff know as we are there 24 hours to assist. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughtful comments and we look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future at the Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I checked in at the ramada Red deer march 13 leaving a cash deposit of $200 as soon as I got to the room #422 I found a pair of dirty black men's socks in the sheets of the bed near the pillows, I immediately came down to the front desk to complain they said they would compensate me for upon checkout. Upon returning back to my room i found an empty toilet paper roll and no tissue paper at all, the maid had done a poor job of cleaning it was as if they has just checked me into a room that was occupied without being cleaned first. The following morning they refused to give me a late check out of 1 o'clock which is regular late check out at ramada hotels I left at 12pm. The front desk manager Deanna Shaw than told me the room smelt of smoke which is impossible I am a non smoker as to why I booked a non smoking room, as the hotel does also offer smoking rooms but I clearly had booked non smoking because I am not a smoker. After waiting fifteen minutes finally the front desk manager had the general manager Vimal Pillay on the phone to speak to me, he then informed me I would not be receiving my two hundred dollar deposit back and that they would no longer be compensating me for the filthy socks in my bed. I will never stay here again

• Stayed March 2013
Vimal P, General Manager at Ramada Red Deer Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Ramada Inn & Suites Red Deer stands by its decision not to offer you a discount or a refund for the extra charged for smoking in our guest room. The room you rented was clean and vacant the night before. This room was checked twice; once by the room attendant supervisor (Friday after check-out) and again in the morning (Saturday) by the executive housekeeper. Every vacant room at my property is checked each morning for operational reasons. In addition, we have white sheets on all our beds and therefore two of my senior staff missing “the pair of black socks” on top of the bed is next to impossible. At the time of check-out, your room was checked by three different employees of the hotel and each claimed this reeked of smoke (and some). I even suggested to you to have the RCMP called to verify this. You ignored my suggestion.

Travelers are raving about these Red Deer hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had occasion to stay at the Ramada Inn and Suites in Red Deer this week for business, and as always, good service, good room, a decent continental breakfast. This is my "go to " place when I stay in Red Deer. Beds are comfortable and rooms are spacious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business