“worst hotel stay ever!”

Quality Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed August 10, 2014

the first impression of our room was fantastic, clean & cool. then i moved my pillow & found a bug. the clerk came up right away & tried to tell me it was nothing until the "nothing" stuck out it's legs & walked. we were shuffled to 3 more rooms before we got one that had working a/c & was clean. the clerks were very nice, but not well trained. we had to move our own suitcases up & down stairs repeatedly & it was 11pm by the time we were done. too late to use the pool! (which was one reason why we chose that hotel in the first place!) we were not given a discount or upgrade for the inconviences. we even filled out their survey & still heard nothing back. our complaint was 100% ignored. very poor public relations!!!!

Room Tip: look under the pillows before you climb into bed!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming hotel clean super friendly staff the restaurant has one of the best steak sandwhichs I definitely recommend it. Ashley was a very friendly and funny server at the ashleys grill made me feel very welcome. Im definitely gunna stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I have been staying at the red deer quality inn and I have to say that above the awesome food and packed lunch service, the customer service is fantastic. I have to give special credit to Tracy in Ashley's grill as she is always smiling and super friendly, as well as providing above perfect service. great job Tracy. I only have one problem with the hotel and that is the rib eye steak is horrible, don't ever order it instead order the steak sandwich and just throw away the bread, completely different steak, completely different quality.

Room Tip: ask for a basement room. these rooms are where the new furniture are put in
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I was staying here for work. So I ate at Ashley's quite a bit. I found the staff to be really great, just like the food, but I found 1 waitress a cut above the rest. Her name was Tracy. She was amazing. She had a great attitude, was extremely nice and had a smile on all the time. She made supper 10x more enjoyable. Also the hotel staff was amazing and very accommodating. Clean rooms, with nice comfortable beds. I will surely stay here next time I'm in Red Deer, whether it be for business or pleasure. The owner of this hotel should be proud of his great staff. A1 service.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I were staying for a 3 day convention and we super impressed with this hotel. Our waitress Tracy in Ashley's restaurant was absolutely the best waitress we have ever experienced. She is a wonderful, caring, lovely person to deal with. She was slammed with customers but had a beautiful smile on her face and was gracious and efficient with everyone she dealt with. in the world of customer service today Tracy truly is the benchmark of which to aspire to. We also were impressed with the quality of the hot breakfast each morning. Overall a fantastic experienced we will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Staff is very helpful and so friendly. Rooms were very clean, and extra amenities readily available.
Room service delivery time was quite short, equal to or shorter than an actual restaurant. Food from the in house grill is amazing. Best steak meals we have had for quite some time (including dinners at actual steakhouse restaurants). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this refurbished Quality Inn.The service was excellent and very friendly staff. The steak sandwich is the best I have ever had, and the three course meal had good choices and is great value. I would stay gain on my next trip to Red Deer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business