“Great Weekend Away”

Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had booked for a tournament and the it was a very enjoyable weekend. The only issue was when our manager did the initial booking and we were quoted higher then others who were quoted. After a discussion we were given the quote that was actually advertised on line.

I would indeed recommend staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us. I apologize for the mistake that was made in one of our systems but I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the reduced rate. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and we hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Red Deer.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 9:30 pm with 20+ seperate rooms for our team and the check in went quite quickly considering. They had keys prepared and we were all in our rooms once the process started in less the 30 minutes for all.

Rooms were very clean and the beds were most comfortable which made for a excelent stay. We only stayed the one night but would not hesitate to stay at the Sheraton in Red Deer again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. When you are travelling with a group we know how important it is to be able to get off the bus and settled into your room as quickly as possible. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in Red Deer and hope that you will be back again soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was here for business and typically have trouble sleeping. Comfortable mattress and decent pillows are important to me. The room was very clean and modern, I had the best sleep away from home that I've had in years.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for your comments. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds are made specifically for Sheraton Hotels and are designed to eliminate uncomfortable pressure points that cause tossing and turning ensuring a great night's sleep. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked a night at the Sheraton in the jacuzzi rooms. The reason I say rooms is because they have a separate room just for the tub and a T.V. When we booked the room I told them that it was our anniversary. It was a good idea to tell them because when we arrived in our room they had wine and chocolate dipped strawberries! That was awesome we really enjoyed that in the tub. The beds are very comfortable but the jacuzzi room is awesome. It is literally the size of a four person hot tub! The only thing that was wrong with the whole night was the jacuzzi room was a little cold but it was -35 out side. We hope you liked our review and we can't wait to stay in this room again!
Thanks Sheraton Red Deer:-)

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Larry H
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Did not enjoy our three day stay on the club floor. Firstly, no difference between a standard room from a club room (including amenities), plastic glasses (!) - and I know because I've stayed in both. Breakfast selections were severely limited and the hot food was cold. When I had heat it in the microwave and told the server I received a blank stare. Tables were never bussed. The IHotel I stayed in the next week server a much better complimentary breakfast. I had called down for a toothbrush and toothpaste and was told that all they carried was a sachet of toothpaste, no toothbrushes?? The coctail hour consisted of the same thing every night - a hot pizza type appetizer where they changed the type of crust each night, smoked salmon on toast where they changed the type of cream cheese (olive one night - yuk!!) and a sad cheese plate with two types of cheese and no grapes. That's all they had. Nothing out during the day like cookies, trail mix etc. Drinks were served out of the kitchen as the server stopped loading the dishwasher turned around and mixed you a drink - I kid you not! I've stayed at Sheratons, primarily on the club floor all of the world and never had an experience like this - I felt like I was trapped in a bad movie. And yes, I did bring it up to management who made no effort to get me as return customer. Also would be good to have been told that king rooms don't have bathtubs when the reservation was made or even checking in. Queen rooms are much bigger.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Geordiegirl63
Lisa F, Director of Sales at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. After reviewing your comments I have implemented a review of our operating procedures in our Club Lounge. Our lounge is meant to be a place where are Club Level guests can relax in comfort and enjoy complimentary services to enhance their stay with us. It is clear that this was not your experience and I apologize for this. Thank you for taking the time to provide these comments so that we can quickly make the necessary changes to our procedures in this area. If there is anything that I can do to make your next stay more comfortable please do not hesitate to connect with me personally.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

The staff and management at the Sheraton Red Deer is professional and accomodating in every aspect. Rooms are well-appointed and there are a number of extra amenities throughout the facility that make a stay here enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our associates really appreciate hearing how they can and have delighted our guests during their stay. Thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Red Deer.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Loved it. Stayed for the Havoc fights - very cool place to stay. Billy Bob's, Bellinni's, event center, liquor store (in parking lot) all on premises. Interesting & fun people stayed here. Was a great weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends