Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
$82
$93
$84
$69
Motel 6 Red Deer(Red Deer)(Great Value!)
$70
$59
$78
Agoda.com
$110
$91
Black Knight Inn(Red Deer)
$126
$107
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe club loungestarbucks coffeecountry barr rattended a conferencehair salonbed was very comfortablegreat sleepfront desk staffgreat roomlots of parkingmain floorchecking inbusiness triphorsconventionbilly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were treated so warmly and then upon entering a sparkling clean room, felt even more royal!
Everything was wonderful, the bed, bath, the added touches. Good job, so many hotels could learn so much from this hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade, and get the use of the preferred guest lounge~
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.
We truly appreciate the kind words you had to say about your stay.
I am confident that your next visit to Sheraton Red Deer Hotel will be even better than the last.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We needed a one night stay for my wife and I after attending the Mud Hero event outside of Red Deer on the weekend. The hotel is in a great location with easy access to and from the highway. The room was decent and simple. There was a fridge but no safe. The balcony overlooked the pool area with a patio set. The patio was of wood construction and had a bit of flex to it, not the most reassuring feeling. The floor we were on was quiet at our end but near the other end of the hallway the ice machine was really loud, sounding like it was ready to kick it. Not much else, the restaurant selection is low but there are several options within walking distance.
We were allowed an early check in (noon) which was nice as our event was in a few hours and this allowed us to drop off our things before getting out to the race. We came back briefly to get cleaned up and then go on for dinner and the after party. We returned late around 1:00 am and were looking for a quick bite to eat. I tried a few time to call room service but received no answer. We went to get into the bed and found a few crumbs under the sheets.....yeah just what you want when you go to bed. My wife decided she needed sleep and we could deal with it in the morning. (we slept on top of the sheets) I did contact the Sheraton through Twitter before lights out rather than wait for a sheet change. We needed a early start to the day and left the hotel a bit later than originally planned so we were rushed and did not bring it to the attention of the front desk, nor were we asked.
I am a firm believer that these things can happen in any situation and nothing is perfect, ever! My opinions are formed by how adverse situations get handled. My contact with the Sheraton was prompt, courteous and very professional. They have apologized and in my opinion rectified the situation. I would have no problem staying there again as I would expect it was a one off incident. The others in our party had no issues (outside of late night room service)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. I am happy you told us about the housekeeping concern so that we can correct that for any future guests. I will also ensure the restaurant receives your comments as well.

I am sorry the front desk person did not ask you about your stay upon check out. This is a question we need to be asking each and every guest.

We have connected directly with you to make things right, however if there is anything else we can do to assist you in the future please let us know.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Top quality with the most comfortable luxury bedding.stayed here for a wedding and received a reasonable rate. Staff were very friendly. Restaurant and a very nice dress store right on premises, pool had everything

• Stayed: August 2013

We appreciat you taking the time to review our hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you had an opportunity to enjoy our pool, restaurant and check out the clothing boutique.
Thank you for sharing your kind words with the world, we will be sure to share your words with our associates!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Another room may be better....in another hotel. Approximately, 20 pigeons at the window continually banging up against it. As soon as you walk up to the window they would fly away. I called the switch board and they sent someone up but they would just come back. It is a disgusting mess with bird $&@! On the window and feathers too. I could live with that and keep the blinds closed but the noise is ridiculous. The people I talked to said they had never had a problem before. From the look of things I do not think they just arrived.

I called the switchboard again and they said they could switch rooms but I would have to come down to the front desk to get my key. So I packed my stuff and went to the front desk and guess what......they are sold out and no rooms. So back I go and I just hope the darn things go to sleep so I can too.

The staff was pleasant and tried but in my option management is clearly at fault for thinking a room like this is acceptable to to rent. The staff said I will get some extra points and club access. This is a nice gesture but really not enough as far as I am concerned. I may try sleeping in the rental car.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided to us with regards to your concern about the pigeons on the roof of our hotel.
These pigeons are unwanted guests of our hotel; after receiving your review we are taking measures to reduce the pigeon population.
Could you please connect with my assistant, Joel Graham who will ensure your next visit to our hotel is more enjoyable? Joel Graham, Executive Assistant, 403-755-1150, jgraham@sheratonreddeer.com.
We are confident that you will notice the change on your next visit to the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked a golf package through the Sheraton. Was good value for our money as the room and green fees were packaged together and we saved some $ that way. Please note though that power carts are extra and are paid for at the course. Also note that a couple of the 7 courses offered are premium courses and an additional fee is required. Some of the courses are outside Red Deer in smaller towns like Innisfail, Rocky Mountain House, Lacombe, Etc. We also paid $20/night more for the room to be on the Club Level. Club Level room is located on the 9th floor and is accesible with your key card. It is a nice area though was crowded (with kids) on the first visit, but emptied out quickly by 6pm. This level has 24 hour snacks (granola bars, fruit, cookies) and refreshments (juice, pop, water, coffee, tea) as well as what I called "Appy Hour" from 5-9pm. During Appy Hours free alcohol and appetizers (2-3) are served. Also on the Club Level is a free hot breakfast, though it's limited to two hot items and then continental items. For $10 each per day, it is a good deal, though don't expect too much (you get what you pay for). Room was modern and very clean. Included a fridge. Outdoor pool is not heated as advertised, though is pleasant on a hot summer day. Staff very friendly and helpful. Overall a good visit at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the Club Level, it is nothing fancy, but is worth the money for what you get.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the Review!
We are glad to hear you took advantage of our "Play and Stay Golf Package." You are correct; it truly is a great deal.
I am delighted to hear that you upgraded to a CLUB level room and enjoyed it. We have ensured this is a great value add by incorporating complimentary cocktails nightly between 5:00pm - 8:00pm.
I do want to correct you about our Heated Outdoor Pool, our pool is heated as advertised, and on a cold day you can actually see the steam rising off the water.
We hope that you will come "Play and Stay" with us before it snows!