“Room was very comfortable”

Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Calgary, Alberta
“Room was very comfortable”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room was not large but had comfortable king size bed and nice linens. Nice flat screen tv, coffee/tea, iron and hair dryer in room. My husband loved the large shower however I am a tub person and was disappointed to see only shower stall and no tub. We planned to have breakfast in hotel on Sunday but they only had a buffet at 31.50 a person. Being a vegetarian I was not going to partake of most of the buffet and they did not offer any menu service so we went elsewhere. Disappointed as we would have preferred to have meal in hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We appreciate your kind words. On your next visit to our hotel I encourage you to request a room with a bath tub; we do have a nice mix of rooms with stand-up showers and rooms with tub/shower combinations.
With regards to Sunday Brunch at our hotel, it seems that the information that you were provided with is incorrect. Sunday Brunch in Barbero's Restaurant is $21.00 for adults, and if the buffet is not your thing we do have menu service available. Please connect with Joel Graham - Sales and Marketing so that we can ensure your next visit to our hotel is a great one! jgraham@sheratonreddeer.com or call him at 403-755-1150.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Lethbridge
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Was there for an OES Grand Chapter meeting for 3 nights. Registration went very well as I had pre-booked on-line. We were given a room on the 13th floor. The room was very nice though it lacked a refrigerator and since we are going to the same hotel next year I will ask for a room with one. The A/C was not able to keep the room at a regulated temperature and was very noisy, This hotel has only 2 elevators so moving a large amount of people was a challenge. The food was awesome and so was the service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our property.
I have some great news for you on your fridge request; we are ordering a fridge for every guestroom in our hotel, so next year when you come you will not need to request a fridge.
If you could connect with my assistant Joel Graham and let him know what room you stayed in we can have our engineering team look into the noisy fan and cooling issues. Please connect with him via jgraham@sheratonreddeer.com.
We look forward to your visit once again next year!
Calgary
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I attended the nursing grad in this hotel and the experience has made red deer look bad. I will never come back to this hotel. Our table did not get water refils oduring the entire 3 course meal, I had to get up twice to ask for water and then had to get the jug myself to pour our table drinks. All our food was cold and bland they placed the salad in front of us without removing our soup and without waiting for us to finish. Then we waited 20mins for the meals to come after the salad. I was yelled at by an employee for pouring the waters and was told I should ask before just talking something, to which I informed her I had asked multiple times. I will never speak a good word about this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jay S
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your review!
We appreciate you joining in celebrating the RDC Nursing grad with us; however I am shocked to hear how you felt about the service and food quality at this event. This is not the level service or food that the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel is known for providing.
Although we received great feedback from the events organizing committee it is clear that you did not feel the same about your experience with us. Can you please connect with me personally so that I can get some more information from you to aid me in the investigation of your experiences with us?
My contact info is as follows: Email: gvallee@sheratonreddeer.com Phone: 403-755-1156.
I look forward to hearing from you soon,
Gil Vallee
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We really enjoyed the afternoon cookies or pastries and infused water offered for guest enjoyment! I thought this was a very nice touch! It would have been handy to have a bar fridge in the room. The bathroom fan was not working and other "conference" attendees had mentioned their room bathroom fan was not working or was working.... but very noisy. I did note there was an 'expired' dated Starbucks coffee packet by the coffee machine. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We truly appreciate your business and feedback!
The afternoon treats and beverages in our lobby are a new addition; we are delighted that you enjoyed this little touch.
You had mentioned that you would love to have a fridge in your room, our guests have spoken and we have listened, we have just placed an order for one fridge for each of our 241 guestrooms. Expect to see fridges by fall!
I am sorry to hear that you found expired coffee in your guestroom. I have mentioned this to our executive housekeeper and our housekeeping team is on the lookout for expired coffee. You will not experience this in future stays.
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay, we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

After a horrendous experience at Sandman Calgary Airport I had a wonderful stay at the Sheraton Red Deer. Front desk staff (Morgan) was very pleasant. My room was what a hotel room should be: clean, unsoiled towels, robe and all the amenities one would expect. Oh and two bottles of water and Starbucks coffee! The air conditioner was almost silent unlike the John Deer model in the previous hotel. Thank you Sheraton!!

• Stayed May 2013
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank You for your review!
I am sorry to hear that you had a terrible experience at our competition in Calgary, but delighted to hear that your visit to Sheraton Red Deer Hotel was Flawless!
We strive for excellence and pride ourselves on our great customer service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time your travels take you through Red Deer.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've been here for the occasional conference (decent facilities there) but have never stayed at the hotel. For my first time, I'm glad it was under the new ownership with Sheraton. Rooms are quite up to date and super clean. The bed was amazing! I was only there for one night, but would be comfortable spending a longer stay there if the opportunity arises.

The bathroom, shower, ironing, etc all good....
wifi was pretty dependable and the access to services on Gaetz is pretty easy to navigate.
Each and every staff member I interacted with were thoroughly pleasant and professional! Real good team here!

Room Tip: I dont believe the choice of room is overly important, but if you like a sunrise....ask for a room w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our property.
We truly appreciate the kind and positive words you used to describe your experience at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel. I have to agree with you on the comfort level of our beds, it is hard to get out of such a comfortable bed in the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

With the Sheraton name and prices I expected an upscale hotel, but was highly disappointed. The rooms furnishings were updated, the room clean, and the bed comfortable, but that's about it. The room had been advertised as having a fridge when I booked online, but there was no fridge. The lighting is cheap and dim. The bathroom had soap, shampoo, and rinse - that's it. The walls were thin making hall and room noise from other guests noticeable. There were no hygiene bags for the ice bucket.

There are a lot of hotels in Red Deer which are nicer and offer a lot better value. This hotel wasn't horrible, but considering the name and price the value sure isn't there. Unless you have a reason to stay at this property I'd give it a pass.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank A_Birdie
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for reviewing our hotel.
I am disappointed to hear that you felt your guest room was missing some bathroom amenities. Every guest room is supplied with the basics such as bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion etc. Our upgraded club rooms include added amenities such as shower sponges, sewing kits, mouthwash, shaving cream, house coats and more. If ever you need anything to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask our friendly front desk associates.
You had mentioned your ice bucket did not have a sanitary liner, I sincerely apologise that you were not supplied with an ice bucket liner. I have followed up with our housekeeping team to ensure this element is not missed.
Your business is important to us; we hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Red Deer.