“Just renovated, very nice, very clean, Good location”

Sheraton Red Deer Hotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton, Red Deer. room was clean and very modern. Nice Beds, very comfortable and quiet. Hotel has Nice lounges, restaurants, and clothing stores. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Price was fair as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you very much for such a great review. We truly strive for success in all that we do and are continuously training our associates and updating our hotel. Kind words such as yours fuel us to continuously improve.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip and had a pleasant stay in a king suite. The room had an incredibly comfortable bed, but the furnishings in the lounge and small kitchen area were pretty dull and corporate and the bedroom was a bit cramped. The room had two huge flat screen TVs and the wifi connection was excellent for a room on the 11th floor. The biggest downside to my room was that the bedroom was next to the ice and vending machines which hummed and buzzed all night!

I also had a chance to see a standard king room on the 1st floor and thought it was nicer than the suite! It definitely had a cozier and more 'friendly' feel, so choosing a standard room may be a good way to save some $ if you don't really need the extra space and facilities in the suite.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JC_Traveller

JC_Traveller, Thank you for your review. Its great to have a guest make a recommendation on their favorite room type within our property. I have to agree with you on your recommendation of room types, if a traveler does not require a large sitting area / living room or a wet bar then our traditional rooms are a great choice. The money saved could be used to treat yourself to a delicious meal in our hotels restaurant or lounge.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The rooms are quite nice and the front desk staff provided adequate service. The wifi connection was awful and the noise from the drunks and the music coming from the bar left me less than impressed. Not what I've come to expect from a Sheraton Hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel.
I am truly story to hear of the Wi-Fi issues you experienced during your recent stay.
We have worked closely with our IT Tech over the past few months and have learned a great deal of how Wi-Fi works. There are a number of variables associated with strength of a Wi-Fi connection and we are working to narrow down these variables to ensure that our guests receive the best possible Wi-Fi connection.
I understand that sometimes a solid internet connection is necessary which is why Sheraton has invested in the Link @ Sheraton powered by Microsoft. The "Link" is a collection of hard wired computer terminals located in the lobby of our hotel for our guests to use free of charge during their stay.
I am pleased to tell you that you can look forward to a quieter stay on your next visit as we work with our security team to reduce the noise that our guests cause late at night.
Thank you once again for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We booked the Sheraton Red Deer Hotel on Hotwire. It was the only hotel listed with a pool. We could not have had a more wonderful stay. We'll be back! Clean, quiet, very comfortable beds with friendly efficient people to check us in. There are places to eat in the hotel; as well, it is located near many other restaurants, fast-food and otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great review. Not only do we strive to provide great service and a comfortable stay; our central location makes our hotel a great place to stay for our leisure guests due to the close proximity of shopping and as you mentioned the abundance of eating options nearby. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Decided to stop in Red Deer to rest up and get a early start on quad trip. I had never stayed at the Sheraton before and thought a change was due. The staff were outsiding and very easy. With so much going on in hotel they maintain focused on making sure I got all my needs filled. Thank you Staff of the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Pick the backside as some noise from bar in front. Not bad if you are higher up.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed numerous times in this hotel over the past 8 - 10 weeks. I return simply because I'm a starwood gold member and appreciate the perks that come with that. The hotel is not bad. The rooms are fine and are mostly renovated now. The front desk staff are generally fine and courteous. However, housekeeping is inconsistent. Some days you get all the standard room amenities; some days you don't. Some days the water cooler in the gym is filled; some days it's not. It seems to me that for the most part the staff are not properly trained. This is especially true for the restaurant. Often left waiting for service; waiting for bill; waiting to settle bill. The restaurant has not been busy at these times. Now I just avoid eating there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Violetzee
Gil V, General Manager at Sheraton Red Deer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Hello and thank you for your repeat business.
I am working with my executive housekeeping team to see why there are inconsistencies in room cleaning.
I am truly sorry to hear that your experiences in our restaurant have been less than perfect. We are working hard to re-build our team in the restaurant due to a large amount of staff turnover. Your concerns have been brought up to our Food and Beverage team who are working on developing systems to prevent the delays in service.
I really hope that you continue to stay with us, and please reach out to me during your next stay so that I can personally meet you and ensure your overall experience is a good one!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hotwire had this Hotel as a three star but 95% satisfaction rate.
The price was wonderful and the Hotel is equivellent to a 4 star
Hotwire also had a picture of a handshake so I knew it would be a great deal
We are repeating the trip this weekend with our grand children and their parents.

Room Tip: We wanted a view of the pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family