“Great Weekend”

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Edmonton
“Great Weekend”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Nice rooms, the food was great including a nice Sunday Brunch. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
speakingfortwo
Reviewed October 22, 2009

The Black Night Inn was great! Had room 501, it was very clean. For what i paid it was well worth it. The wireless internet in my room was at no extra cost. I had a view of where my vehicle was parked and the hotel was located just minutes from the Enmax Centrium Arena. There is a pool that I didn't have time to try out. I did make it to the lounge where the atmosphere was great. Food was ok, nothing over the top but priced very low so its a get what you pay for thing. Two things I would like to see improved are a larger tv in the room and for the elevator buttons to not shock me each time i press one of them. But I would recommend this to anyone coming to Red Deer for a few days.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
ontario
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was very excited to be staying at the Black Knight Inn until we checked in. The process was normal and I was asking questions to the tall skinny brunnette front desk agent. She didn't seem to know where a place was in Red Deer but she said to go to my room and call down a little later. She then gave us our keys and under her breath she said "stupid people".

I was very insulted and very suprised they would have a person with no manners towards guests working there. It is a very nice hotel but I was very shocked and offended.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank REQreq
Alberta
Reviewed July 15, 2009

While they are trying hard - this is an old building with all the problems that brings.

We had everything we needed - comfortable beds, spacious room, in room coffee machine, ironing board and iron, hair dryer in the second vanity (separate from the toilet and shower), friendly service, etc etc.

We simply could not breathe. No opening window and completely ineffective ventilation. The temperature control was there but just a prop.

In the middle of the night I actually considered trying to sleep in our vehicle.

If you can't get other accommodation, bring a tent.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JRSM1THAlberta
Manitoba
Reviewed June 28, 2009

The service I experienced at the Black Knight Inn was phenomenal. The Front Desk Staff was very friendly and always in a good mood. We were a large group of Danish guest and were treated very well. My family and I also had dinner at the Hotel Restaurant and enjoyed the meal very much. I suggest the Steak Sandwich and my husband really enjoyed his Steak Caesar Salad.
The room was also very nice. It has a nice size and was very clean. Again, the house keeping staff was very nice, and had a very good attitude.
The location was great for us, as we wanted to do some shopping and the mall was just a block away. The pool and hot tub were also great, a bit cold, but very nice.

I must say that I probably liked the Staff of this hotel the best. There was one girl in particular working there, who was wonderful. She was from Germany or France. Very professional, yet entertaining. Of course the rest of the Front Desk Staff was very alike, but we remember her very well, because of the fact that she treated our mother with great respect and our mother was very impressed with her.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank DanskManitoba
St. Albert, AB
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I have stayed here about 8 times now, and it has been great everytime. The rooms are nice and clean, the price is very affordable, the lounge has the best steak sandwich, the hot tub and pool areas are nice, overall is a great place to stay in an otherwise awful town.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
alberta
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stayed 2 nights in upgraded room. Very clean. On the second night we were awaken at 1:30 a.m by a party in the room below. We thought it would quickly die out, but didn't. We called the desk at least 4 times, and each call was met with, I will call the room or get security to check it out. Finally at 3a.m and our last call , which was met with , "as soon as they finish their pizza, they will leave". We couldn't stand it, so we left the hotel at 3:10a.m . The desk clerk was hardly understanding. We refused to pay for this second night., which we didn't. But she never offered to remove the charges. It's a lovely hotel but their protocol for rowdy parties leaves us hanging. We really should have called the police like we wanted to, and would have in a home situtation , where neighbours were out of control. But we really wanted to leave this up to the staff as it is their hotel. Also couldn't believe that no one from the hotel has bothered to contact us . We will make it a point to pass our experience on to others.

• Liked — good size bright rooms
  • Disliked — inability of desk staff to resolve a disruptive party in suite below ours
  • Tips/Secrets — Just don't stay here, the staff have no authority to actively resolve a problem
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple