“Black Knight Inn”
Review of Black Knight Inn

Black Knight Inn
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed October 31, 2012

For a business traveller, this hotel is reasonably priced and well maintained. It is in the process of being upgraded as it is an older hotel. Nonetheless, it is clean, in a handy location and had a nice restaurant and bar attached to it. Interent connection was solid and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 29, 2012

An older hotel in a convenient location. This wouldn't be my #1 choice in red deer, but it's a perfectly nice hotel. The decor is dated (definitely a 1980's vibe!) but the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I stayed for one night, midweek and had breakfast there (there's a menu as well as the buffet option). The menu was basic, but the food was good and plentiful (and quick!). The breakfast room is quite gloomy at the back where we sat tho - could do with some better lighting in there!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days while in town attending a friends wedding. Helpful staff, clean rooms, and ample free parking. There's a nice lounge and restaurant in the hotel, as well as plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Very impressed with our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Black Knight Inn hosted a wedding reception we attended so it was a natural choice to stay there over the weekend.

The rooms were large and comfortable although the decor was a bit dated. The room had a nice desk for a laptop and internet access was easy to access.

The only complaint I had was the smell of smoke on the third floor. We didn't stay on that floor but had family members that did. Unless you're a smoker, avoid that floor.

The Inn did a fantastic job with the wedding reception! The food both at the reception and in the restaurant was delicious! The staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This hotel has a beautiful lobby - great restaurant and food. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, but could use some updating.

Not cheap - but average for a good hotel in this city.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kraut_chick
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I've stayed in a number of Red Deer hotels and this has been the best for me. The room I had was clean, quiet and not exceptionally dry, as so many hotels are in the winter. (They do humidify - I asked about it.)

The buffet I've had more than once (and have taken customers there too). It has excellently prepared food and is good value.

I used the hot tub this visit and found it clean and hot - as it should be.

I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Vdberg
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I did some work for a client in Red Deer, and they agreed to make hotel reservations for me. I tend to prefer to stay at chains as you know what to expect and are ensured a basic level of service and quality.
I drove up and was a little worried. The hotel is not new, and I was thinking the rooms, bed, furniture, etc would be the same. The front desk staff were friendly, got me checked in and on my way in no time at all. I could not believe the size of the room when I got in there. I had only one bed, and it looked like the room needed another one. There was some furniture in there, but it certainly could have been better furnished (not that my needs that stay needed it).
I was very surprised that the rooms were so well updated. New TVs & furniture, a very comfortable bed. Shower and bathroom were clean and updated. I slept quite well and had no issues at all.
I had colleagues stop by the next morning for a meeting, afterwards they used the restaurant without me there and experienced terrible service. With their comments I would be choosing another of the many restaurants nearby. The hotel is located in a great spot, close to shopping, restaurants, Westerner Grounds, and easy to get in and out of the city with easy access to the QE2 right there.
Would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business