“Par for the Course”

Holiday Inn Express Red Deer
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed one night on business. I am a frequent guest at this chain and have a good baseline for what is to be expected from this hotel.

Hotel was booked solid but the staff were up to the task. Excellent service at the front desk. I didn't require housekeeping but found the room clean and in order upon my arrival. The building is old and I remember staying at the same hotel under a different brand about ten years ago. Having said that it's in good shape, clean and modern looking.

The hotel is central to many amenities, including the Bower Place mall. There is no restaurant but there is a free continental breakfast (standard microwave eggs, pastries, juice and coffee).

Although I didn't use it, there is a pool that appears to be quite family friendly.

I will be staying here again and recommend it for families and business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Shirin P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hello KOA3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that your stay with us was "par for the course". Comments such as yours encourages the team to perform with the goal of complete guest satisfaction for all our guests whether it is at the front level or for cleanliness in our rooms. We greatly apprecaite your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Just a stone's throw away from the Bower Mall, this is an ideal hotel to stay especially coming from out of town. My stay in the hotel quite pleasant. The staff are very courteous and approachable. The room was nice and tidy. The best part of my stay in this hotel was that I was able to sleep well because of its comfy bed and pillows. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my colleagues.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ShirinP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hello Nilo V,

We are glad to hear that our hotel's location was ideal for your stay in Red Deer and you got a good nights rest. We value your business and your feedback, and we greatly appreciate your recommendation to your colleagues. Thank you!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

After a long day of travel, I was warmly greeted by the front desk team who eagerly helped me get checked in. My room was very nice and large with a mini fridge and microwave. What I loved most about this hotel was the hot tub which was hot and the awesome pool and sauna. Wednesday's Manager Reception with drinks and appetizers was a great way to wrap up my day. Rooms were very clean. Included breakfast was nice as well.

Hello Cgyguy30,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, its always a pleasure to know that our guests enjoy their stay at our hotel and also indulge in the facilities provided for their relaxation. We hope to see you at your next Manager's reception night!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Shirin and staff were first rate, from booking in our team, to check-in and throughout our stay. The staff were very friendly an helpful and they even allowed us to make a team lunch in the breakfast area before heading out to our next game. Very accommodating and I would recommend this hotel to any group looking for a place to stay in Red Deer.

Hello Catherine,

I am so delighted to hear that my entire team was able to accommodate your group during your tournament in Red Deer and we really appreciate the recommendation to other team members. Its feedback such as these that encourages us to ensure complete guest satisfaction every time. We sure hope to welcome you and your group back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on company paid business trip. Easy to find, good parking, big room, comfy beds, and clean. The typical "inclusive" breakfast was about what you might expect but was good enough for an early start. Would likely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello MartynNB

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and we pleased to hear that our hotel was able to provide you with every thing you needed during your business trip while in Red Deer and we certainly hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times while in Red Deer on business. This last trip I noticed that the room I was in was a little "shabby" and that the hotel might be getting a little run down. The AC was blasting like a freight train when I entered the room and I had to turn the heat completely off to make it through the night (still too warm in the room) I also had to unplug the fridge because of the buzzing noise coming from it. The doors to the rooms slam shut so very early in the AM you are jarred awake by those sounds. The room was clean and the TV although very small was all functioning. The beds are OK, Towels are like sandpaper - which is common these days for some reason.

You are close to the mall for shopping and places to eat so that alone makes it a good place to stay if you are on a budget since a simple breakfast is included.

Room Tip: The place is LONG so ask for a room bear the front of the hotel or you may have to hike for a while...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
ShirinP, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello Donna,

I really appreciate you taking the time to review ou hotel and share your exeprience with us, our guest feedbacks are our best way to improve our services to match their expectations. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, your concerns have been duly noted and will be addressed immediately. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a great stay option when staying in and around Red Deer. I specialize in group bookings and I have always had a good experience working with the hotel. The staff are always friendly, helpful and willing to go that extra mile to ensure that the experience with the hotel is a positive one (special mention to the current GM who has always been great to work with). Overall, the service provided by this hotel is fantastic. The hotel is centrally located, thus providing a convenient option for travellers and the amenities are great. I would certainly recommend this hotel to both my clients, as well as friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Helloo YYCGroupTravel,

We are pleased to hear that you and your groups have enjoyed tehir stay the hotel and the services provided by the team members. We sincerely thank you for your busines and we hope to continue this relation in the future as well.