“very relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Canada
“very relaxing”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Warmth of decor and personnel made our stay very relaxing and enjoyable. We will definitely pursue another stay at a Hampton Inn. Having breakfast included also reduces stress. Great selection of fresh food.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Barry L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Barry Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Loved my stay here! When I booked the room online (through Expedia.ca, I think) I had inadvertently chosen a king size "accessible" room. It would have been okay, just that I didn't really need wheelchair accessibility, and the toilet was a bit high for me :) The desk clerk asked me twice if everything really was okay, and I said well, if you have anything else available, I would prefer that, now that you mention it. She found me a room that had two queen beds that turned out to be so much better for me. I was really impressed with her service, that she was able to "read" my hesitancy about the first room.

The décor is really up-to-date, and the suite was very clean. I really appreciated the alarm with the nature sounds-- helped soothe me to sleep. The bed was really comfy too. I was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast-- the fresh fruit salad and the omelettes, especially. They had great coffee to go, too. The lady looking after the food was especially pleasant-- what a great way to start the morning!

There is a lot of construction happening along this side of Gasoline Alley, which made accessing the local restaurants a bit of a challenge, but it's good to see the Alberta economy booming :)

Would definitely recommend this hotel. Really got my money's worth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Here at our hotel we are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let my staff member know that they helped make your trip great! We hope to see you again soon.

Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a very nice hotel that I would recommend for anyone traveling between Calgary and Edmonton if you need to break up the drive . Nice rooms and good breakfast. I did find the exit to the hotel if you are driving north bound a little confusing but this may have been due to road construction. The hotel is located close to gas stations, restaurants and a Starbucks coffee shop.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. We too are anxious for the construction to end, but can ensure you that after they finish you will find getting around much easier. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Drumheller, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This Hotel is Newer so everything was up to date and Nice. No waterslide at pool so not a lot of kids. Comfortable beds, and cleanliness was top notch. Hot Breakfast had tons of good options for all diets. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay here at our property. I hope you found great service and connections during your stay, and that you felt the freedom to truly be yourself when you were with us. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Edmonton
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Nice stay at this hotel. I am always pleased with Hampton Hotels and I love their breakfast! Room was very quiet, hotel was clean. Note, there is no bathtub, only a shower. I prefer a tub after a long day.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the breakfast to your liking. We do have the option of having a tub in the room and I apologize for this not being offered to you during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

BC,
Reviewed June 10, 2013

While a very standard format, this is a very reasonably-priced hotel which does things right. Breakfast has a good selection, including hot items, and is served in a comfortable area of good size. The location suited us, but is not central if that is a concern. Great for just using the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were
able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton inn was fantastic! We stayed in the king suite with our two young kids. The living room area was awesome when our family came to visit, and it didn't feel like a hotel room at all. The room had lots of room for the kids to play, to eat and to watch tv. The pool is small, but great for young kids. The workout room is the best I have seen in a hotel, and very very clean. Complimentary breakfast is the best we have had. Waffle bar, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, bagels, you name it they have it! Free coffee in the lobby is AMAZING. We helped ourselves a lot, and it was very tasty! We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we return to red deer. Our expectations of hotels are high now! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that the staff knocked your socks off and that the property offered you the just right amount of space for you to spread out and relax. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.