“Good Location On The Highway”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
British Columbia
“Good Location On The Highway”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I usually stay at this hotel twice a month travelling to and from work. Nice tidy hotel with friendly staff and a good breakfast. There is a gym with free weights and cardio equipment, a pool and hottub. I like that there is a new cineplex close by so I can get my movie fix while I am there. If you are travelling on the main highway then this hotel is in a perfect location with gas station across the road and just pull off and then onto the highway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Brittany184, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I’m happy to see you appreciate our friendly staff and the complimentary deluxe hot breakfast, along with our pool and fitness areas!

We are conveniently located on the west side of Gasoline Alley, near Galaxy Cinemas and several restaurants, shopping, gas stations and more! It is a very convenient location to access Highway 2 (QEII) to or from Calgary or Edmonton, as well as Highway 2A.

I’m glad we’re your “go to” hotel in Red Deer and we loving having you here!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I really thought this hotel was out of my price range and that was from looking at the outside. I was pleasantly surprised that the price was okay. There was something about the room and furnishings that looked luxurious, particularly the bedding. The bathroom was spotless and immenities were well provided for. There was extras of everything so as not to run out. It was such a pleasant arrival after 13 hours of car travel. The lobby or sitting area for the free breakfast was so beautifully fashioned, stylish and felt again like I was staying at a high end hotel. The chairs were upholstered in chic, fashionable fabrics. It just had an amazing feel to it that I have not experienced before at this price. So refreshing to sit in an elegant environment rather than the cafeteria style setting. The free breakfast was also very satisfying with really a surprising variety and there showed effort to make everyone happy with the choices. I really appreciated the free breakfast bags to take on our way as well as the tea & coffee available also to grab on my way out. I was so impressed and was only disappointed that I had to leave after only one night!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank spanakopita
Brittany184, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you so much for submitting your wonderful review of our hotel!

I am glad to hear that you appreciated our décor and the Clean and Fresh Hampton beds, as well as the bathroom amenities. The complimentary deluxe hot breakfast, On-the-Run Breakfast Bags, and the 24 hour coffee/tea in the lobby are some of our best features, which I’m glad you took advantage of!

I hope you will return again when you’re in the area!
VAUGHAN, ONTARIO
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed one night recently on a family trip to Alberta. Hotel seems new and is very clean & fresh feeling. Was also very quiet. Room was spacious & spotless, bed was very comfortable, AC Unit worked great, TV was nice flat screen model with good reception. Breakfast was good as usual at Hampton Inn. Even had breakfast grab bags for anyone in a hurry. Check in was fast, clerk was very friendly & personable. Check out was express.
Area is right by highway, but far enough back so that noise isn't a factor. Whole strip of restaurants & fast food outlets right in front along highway (A&W, Tim Horton's, etc).
Excellent restaurant called Glenn's Tea walking distance from hotel. (Don't let the name fool you, great menu of all sorts of items, Steaks, burgers, fajitas, etc). 10 minutes to downtown Red Deer (Casino, etc).
Only negative was the hot tub jets were not working during our stay, but the pool & fitness room were nice. Would for sure stay here again if in the area. Price was also very reasonable, lowest we paid on our 10 day vacation!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Leafs_Country
Brittany184, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, especially the rooms and the breakfast!

I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the hot tub jets, and we have since fixed the problem. We had to replace the pump so they are working fine now.

I’m glad to hear you would stay with us again if you’re back in the area, we love having you here!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites just overnight. The hotel still smells new, friendly staff and easy check in. We got what we asked for as far as room type and location. I was a little leary due to the closeness to Hwy 2, but it was very quiet. We had a room facing the rear of the building and although not scenic it was alright. The bathroom was nice and large, with a large shower ( no tub). The room was of good size and the heat/cooling system worked well.

The breakfast was good, waffles, cerial, fruit, yogurt, sausage, scrambled eggs, and french toast sticks. There was also bagels and toast. There was Milk and apple and orange juice for beverages.

Nice place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wondermouse
Brittany184, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for posting your nice review of our hotel, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! All of our king standard rooms have the walk-in shower, which I’m glad you liked. I’m pleased you were impressed by our complimentary breakfast selection; it is the best value in the city!

I hope you will stay with us again when you’re in Red Deer!
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I highly recommend this property to any traveller. The rooms are outstanding both in size and quality. The hotel's pool is perfect for kids and the morning breakfast is some of the best I have seen. I will certainly stay here again

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Harley1009
Brittany184, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for your pleasant review, we appreciate it! I’m so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our pool and great breakfast! We’re happy to hear you will return again, we love having you here!
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Beautiful hotel, modern and very clean, very comfy beds! Nice continental breakfast that actually included extras like eggs dishes, etc. The only issue I found was location, located on Gasoline Alley it was not impossible to get to but it was not convenient either. Overall I would definitely stay here again! Nicer than the Capri!

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for posting your review! I’m glad you enjoyed our Clean & Fresh Hampton Beds and the great complimentary breakfast!

We are located on the very south end of Red Deer on Gasoline Alley. This is just off of Highway 2 (the QEII), so it is easy access from either Edmonton or Calgary without having to travel through the city of Red Deer. We are however not centrally located in the city, which some people may or may not prefer.

Overall I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you will return again!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Hotel is one year old and has most amenities. No bar or restaurant. Rooms are very well appointed. The hot breakast is excellent. The staff are friendly and accomodating. Lots of fast food restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: try the king size suite. excellent value
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Righttime
Brittany184, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Red Deer, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We have just surpassed our one year mark, but are striving to keep the hotel looking and feeling brand new. I’m glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, it is one of our best features, and I will pass along your comments to our great team!

I hope you will stay with us again the next time you’re in the Red Deer area!