“Lunch”

Momo Sushi
Ranked #29 of 342 Restaurants in Red Deer
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I get a day off during the week and Momo's is the place we almost always go for lunch that day. It's always fresh and so good.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I want to start by saying I have only heard fantastic things about this restaurant and had the opportunity to experience good service and great food ONE of the five times I have visited the restaurant.

First time we went we had great food and service
Second time we went they were closed... I think its closed Sundays or Mondays.
Third time we went we got seated and then the server came back five minutes later to tell us they ran out of rice and she could not serve us. I get it, these things happen from time to time.
Fourth time we showed up to the restaurant forty five minutes prior to closing and were told they couldn’t seat us as they were closing soon.
Last night we planned to get there early 6:30pm, once again we were sat the server told us they were really busy and food would take 45 minutes. Not a problem as in my books good food is worth the wait. Five minutes after being seated the server came back and said she couldn’t serve us as they were really busy and running out of rice.
After being told this I was speechless, how can a place like this run this way and stay open?
I can tell you that there will not be a sixth attempt to eat at this restaurant.

1  Thank CanadianLAKEBOI
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Everything on the menu is great.. Was hesitant to come here as Im not partial to raw fish but there is something for everyone! Was very impressed.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Went to Momo with my wife for a night out, and was extremely impressed. Neither of us knew much about sushi or sashimi but the staff was more than happy to help us choose entrees, and did they ever get it right! Atmosphere and decor is great, food is delicious, and the service impeccable. Highly recommend trying this restaurant.

1  Thank Broombitz
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Loved the gyoza and spicy tuna roll. Some interesting items on the menu but also the standard offerings.

1  Thank Traveller R