“Non-smoking=smoke em if ya got em!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Deer
Western Budget Motel Red Deer #2
Ranked #2 of 5 Red Deer B&B and Inns
“Non-smoking=smoke em if ya got em!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

As soon as I entered the smell of cigarette smoke hit me like a wall! when I reserved this room I requested a NON smoking room because I don't want to be in a smoke filled room while I sleep. I was also under the impression that the entire hotel was NON smoking. Apparently not. And apparently smoking marijuana is also being allowed here. I will never ever stay here again. Instead of investigating the illegal activity, my neighbor is being warned that there is noise complaints and she might have to find new lodging?!?! Really?!?

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Nonsmoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Considering this is a "budget" motel, I feel you get a good bang for the buck ($59.00)per night. Rooms are large each with a fireplace and two double beds. Only problem is there are 2 Western Budget Motels across the road from each other on Gasoline Alley in Red Deer.I really don't know which one I stayed at but I expect they are pretty similar. The one I stayed at was on the west side of the road. For one night just to sleep it works fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Heptiro
Brooks, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here Oct 27 & 28, 2011

Property was clean, comfortable and a great value just like my title says. Front Desk staff was friendly on c/i and c/o as well as housekeeping staff. Would highly recommend this property to any families, conference goers etc. My only critique was no hot tub which would have been so nice to have -- they do however have jacuzzi suites so next time I will pay for the upgrade.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Red Deer
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My house burnt down so I needed a place to stay temporarily. I did not see the dirt until I had made 3 trips to the car for luggage & my puppy. Toilet paper holders are crusted with dirt (not dust) Same goes for the electric fan in the wr. Fridge motor ran off and on all night, No microwave in the room. Carpets were not clean. Parking lot is full of litter and empty alcohol bottles. This room was not the "modern" facility that they advertise. The Nisku one was much better. And for this I paid good money. Free continatal breakfast ? Sorry to scared to eat there,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RedDeerSierrablue

Travelers are raving about these Red Deer hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Great location to the Westerner. Staff were super nice. Loved the full fridge in the room & spacious work area. Problem came with sleeping though: we had two Queens, each with a firm foam mattress that started out okay to sleep on, but we woke up too early and too sore. Proper mattress pads instead of the very used cloth ones currently on the beds would improve sleep quality. Also, the pillows are fully unforgiving, made of a sort of batting matted together. We bought pillows from Walmart to use for our second night. Not sure how people get the advertised cheaper rate; even with a group rate we paid more. Would stay again anyway and bring our own pillows.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bestillfamily
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed in this motel for 12 days when renovations to our house took longer than expected. The special price of $59.00 per night was great value for a room with king bed, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, fridge and stove. This motel just off Highway 2 was nearly fully occupied with travellers and working people, yet we found it very quiet and restful. Noise is not tolerated. Cleaning staff were very efficient and kept the place tidy and clean. Decent breakfast is complimentary, there is a laundry and wireless internet. We preferred this to the $140 per night room at Days Inn up the road.

Western Budget puts an advertising semi-trailer out front and that signals a special deal. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple