“We had everything we needed, the rooms were clean, staff...”

Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer
Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed April 8, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Ok so I am a bit of a hotel snob - a Four Seasons girl. Having said that there are hotels for vacation and hotels for when I'm on the road working. I don't usually write reviews but this one deserves it. I stayed here three weeks ago while working on the road. I pick economical places for work because expenses eat into profit.
I had my dogs with me and needed a pet friendly room. Everything was fine but I had a minor issue which I spoke to the hotel about. Like I said - it was minor.
All I can say is that the management and staff have been amazing. I came back for another work trip ( no dogs on this trip) and they have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. The manager is such a nice and professional gentlemen. The girls at reception are kind and friendly. My room was so clean and the beds were made up in a way that made the room look quite glamorous
I'm impressed with this little hotel for the way they have treated me. I am impressed with the managers professionalism - I couldn't have expected more from the Four Seasons as far as customer service goes- and no I'm not kidding. I'm quite moved by it to be honest and will go out of my way to thank them when I checkout. Yes, impressed. Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sjking18
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was working the Red Deer Tradeshow and stayed here for one night. Granted it was cold outside but my room was freezing and they only had a really thin blanket provided and no way to adjust the heat. I called down to the front desk and thankfully they had a space heater and small blanket they could give me but I had to go get it myself. There was still a breeze coming in from the door and it was super hard to use the lock on it as it kept sticking. Last thing I wanted to do was fiddle with a lock when it was that cold out. Definitely needs some updating and better weather stripping.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

From Montreal and came to Howard Johnson. Front desk ok but the rooms smelled smoke
and dirty. Pillows are thin and outdated. No hot water and shower was broken. What a waste
to sty here. They have to update.

Room Tip: Do not stay far of building!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, even when we checked in late at night. Later in the weekend the staff was able to accommodate our group and allowed us to use the eating area to meet as a group for a short time. We cleaned up after ourselves, and the staff was very gracious to work with. Particularly the two gentlemen at the front desk.
The rooms themselves were generally clean, but the hotel could use some updating and repairs. For example, the carpet on the stairs outside is peeling off, the paint on the ceiling in the bathroom is starting to peel. The décor is outdated. The rooms don't provide a lot of room once you bring in your bags, but we managed. We were a family of 2 adults and 2 children, traveling with a larger group of other families. The back building was very quiet. The weekend we were in town, hotel rooms were in demand! Our stay ended up being sufficient, what the room lacked, the friendly staff made up for.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends