“Perfect Stay”

Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer
Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Red Deer
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This hotel was a great find. I booked it online and was impressed with the quality of service and accommodation for my 2 night stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was also at one of the best prices I could find. The breakfast was also included in the price and was delicious. I would definitely book my stay here again when I return to Red Deer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
hojoreddeer, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We strive to provide the best VALUE in Red Deer. We have one of the most reasonable prices for accommodation in Red Deer. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Red Deer.

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The rooms are ok. The staff was very very helpful and accommodating. Good location just off the main highway. Great for a stopover through Red Deer.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your comments. We have excellent staff and our philosophy is to provide the best customer service that we can, and I am extremely happy to see that you experienced that service. Again I would like to thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again on your next visit to Red Deer.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Asked for a quiet room,OK,it was quiet.That's where the positive points end.

It was dark,dank,smelled like the old Cecil Hotel.We turned on the lights to have a look around,and what a sight.A step back in time.

The biggest mistake i made was looking behind the bed where the headboard should be.Wow,looked like an elementary school biology experiment.There's stuff growing there from the seventees.

I can stay nearly anywhere,nutin' fancy.Needs to be clean and this place is not that.I've been to India,SE Asia,N and S America and many other places,this is way up on the list of the worst.My hotel in Calcutta was much cleaner.

Won't be back,and i wouldn't stay there if i were you,plenty of others to choose from.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.Like next door.
Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul D

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. I have tried to figure out which room you stayed in so that I can have a look for myself and to fix any issues, but as of yet I could not figure out what specific room you had. I have however asked my staff to inspect all rooms to ensure that they meet our standards. We take pride in our property and unfortunately in your case a room may have slipped through our inspection process. I had only hoped that If you had called the front desk and informed us while you were there we would have done everything possible to switch you to another room and may have been able to provide you with a positive experience. Again my sincere apologies on your unfortunate experience. I do hope that you try us again, and if you would like to do that then please contact me directly so that I can personally ensure that you have a happy experience. Thank you, Al Samji

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great place to stay. Very clean rooms and the front desk staff are absolutely wonderful. I have stayed many times over the past 5 months and they always make it feel as much like coming home at the end of the day as possible. Thanks Brett and Ivy and everyone else at Red Deer Hojos.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank G M
Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you are looking for somewhere to stay for a night in Central Alberta I would recommend the HoJo for a good no frills value stay.

The room was clean, service was excellent, and continental breakfast was adequate. I would only comment that the bed was hard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I've seldom stayed at a place where every night was uninterupted and quiet. The air conditioner worked, the staff was courteous, and the mornings were peaceful.

Thank you, Red Deer Howard Johnson!

Room Tip: Choose a place where you can tell that the staff care and will go the extra mile for you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank duncancounseling
hojoreddeer, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Red Deer, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Thank you very much for your comments. We are constantly striving to provide the the best in value, service and sleep quality, and I appreciate your feedback. Thanks, Al Samji

Reviewed July 6, 2011

The hotel was able to manage our team reservations without any trouble and made a big effort to make us all comfortable. The big green space between the two buildings was perfect for our team to warm up and play minimatches amongst themselves - which I think they did the entire time we were off the soccer field! The common room was perfect for our team lunch and the free breakfast was perfect to keep costs down! The staff was very accomodating and did everything they could to encourage us to come back... and where to stay will be an easy decision when we come back next year!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends