“Not worth your money go to Mcdonalds next door.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
High River, Canada
“Not worth your money go to Mcdonalds next door.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

STAY CLEAR OF THIS PLACE... STEAK HOUSE AAA beef Not! My son (12) and I are steak lovers seen the ad in hotel guest book read the ad and I said lets go for a great steak dinner. Big Mistake! This place is a dirty dump. They sat us in the bar/saloon area so we could listen to a old town rummy curse F bombs all dinner. Had steak sandwich with ceaser salad and burnt mushrooms yes burnt. Over cooked steak but there was blood on my plate where did that come from was shoe leather? I did want it medium rare (this is a steak house?) Charged a extra fee for the ceaser salad and a salad was included. My son had a $3.50 bottomless pop servered in a dirty worn out jar with no refill. Kids chicken fingers and steak sandwich $33.00 rip off! Time to shut this place down and retire. No wonder the waitress did not ask how was your meal she knows.

2 Thank mclim0

Cranbrook, BC
“Unfortunately, Somewhat Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in Medicine Hat at a hotel near this restaurant. The reviews on Tripadvisor suggested it might be a decent family steakhouse. I want to make it clear, there was nothing awful. However, there was nothing great and enough disappointing issues that I can't recommend this restaurant.

The ambience was a country bar and kind of interesting. The server was kind and did her best. I and my friend ordered steaks. They were cooked to order but had been done a a grill that didn't particularly sear them and were seasoned to the point the salt was the major flavour. The salad was chopped iceburg lettuce with cucumber, green onions and some peppers. The vegetables were incredibly overcooked by my liking. The potatoes were fine.

My wife had the stir fried beef. I asked her to rate them out of 5 and she said 2.

The food is something from the 50's over salted, over cooked and somewhat disappointing.

I can not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rochester
“Great stop.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We walked over from the nearby hotel. My husband had a steak and I had chicken. Both dishes were excellent. We liked the decor here and our server was friendly and funny. We were too full for dessert, but we had the soup, drinks and dinner. We would visit again, if we were in the area.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Seahorse825
Ontario
“Great steak dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Enjoyed dinner at this restaurant..not sure why it was so quiet but we enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner.

The staff was welcoming and the food was prepared quickly and was very tasty!

Would definitely return and also recommend to others in the area!

Visited August 2013
Ann Arbor
“Great steak, homemade Saskatoon pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We loved the old-fashioned, home-cooked food from the beef-barley soup and dinner salad to the perfectly cooked steaks and potatoes. My husband loved the mashed potatoes and gravy. We were lucky enough to order the homemade Saskatoon pie which had just come out of the oven--a thin, flaky crust filled with about 3 inches of Saskatoons--just fruit, prepared with a minimum of sugar or other additions. I haven't had a pie like that in a restaurant in years.

• Visited July 2013