“The Best Breakfast I've ever had!”
Review of Lela's Place

Lela's Place
Ranked #39 of 199 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I can now say I come to Lela's Chocolate Shop and get 'the usual'. Mine is the egg's benedict, as they are absolutely incredible here! I look forward to each week that I get the chance to come here and sit down in a classic diner atmosphere and enjoy my food. The people are warm and it seems to be a restaurant passed down through the generations. Family cooking is the best cooking! Their hot chocolate is also a goody!

1  Thank dlburt08

Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you want some good old fashioned home cooking this is the place. It is small and can be crowded but the intimate feeling there makes you feel like you are at home in "gramdma's kitchen". If you are in Medicine Hat, you should put Lela's on your list to visit.

1  Thank RGlenn88
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A friend and I like to get together from time to time and try out a local restaurant. I'd heard of the Chocolate Shop for years but only recently got around to stopping in. This is a little shop tucked into a partially residential area and it's clear that it has a following. I had the Taco Salad and a hot chocolate -- yes an odd combo but I had the hot chocolate while waiting for my friend to arrive. Both were very tasty. The salad was plentiful and I ended leaving a bit on the plate. The atmosphere is very "homey" and you feel like you're in your mother's kitchen having lunch. I'm headed back again so that I can try out some of the other treats.

1  Thank rstwohee
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I could live in the Chocolate shop. The aroma, beautifully display of chocolate was to die for. I bought alot of Christmas gifts for friends, and myself of course.

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Home made, homemade and great service by competent staff, busy the entire time and suggestions for more, even tho we were full

1  Thank Walter P