“How could it be...”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming here a few times, as has my wife, both of us on separate occasions. She always complained how bad Perkins was and I always thought it was good. Well today it was not good. The restaurant was almost empty at 8:30, yet you still had to wait to be seated. The order took a normal time to prepare, yet how could it be my muffin was warmer than my eggs and undercooked hash brown potatoes. I was never ask how my meals was, only can they get me something else. Half way through the meal, with my mouth full, I am given my bill. I so wanted a good breakfast place, but I can no longer put with a hit or miss place. Not going back.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were in Medicine Hat last week (Oct 18 & 19) for my husband to have surgery. After he was taken into surgery, I returned to the motel to check out and ran over to Perkin's to have breakfast - I knew he was going to be several hours and that I wouldn't have a lot of time to eat once he was out of recovery, so I needed a good breakfast.

I was seated quickly and my waitress was promptly at my table to take my order. I had a stack of potato pancakes with a fruit bowl, eggs, and bacon and it was all great. My food was at my table quickly and it was great - and as filling as I needed it to be, which was good, since I wasn't able to eat more than a quick snack until 9 pm that night.

I'd eat here again and take my family there as well. Recommend it to others.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We met family to have a breakfast. The service was great for a Sunday as it was very busy. We were sitted quickly and servied with a smile. Great Steak and Eggs

Thank Kurt.mr S
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I love to go here for Sunday Brunch, as I enjoy their breakfast eggs, bacon, pancakes & shredded hashbrowns. You always have to wait for a table on a Sunday morning at Perkins, but the wait is never long. Their prices are certainly a bit higher, but the quality of the food, the portions they offer & the variety, makes up for that. Service is efficient & friendly & you never wait very long for your meal to be served. We also enjoy their supper menu & they carry a large selection of desserts, but if I want pancakes, that's go-to place in Medicine Hat!!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have stopped, while staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites, at this restaurant a number of times. Always good food and service, can be crowded. The only negative is the last time we visited, in May of 2011 that the senior's menu had changed, more expensive and no longer included coffee and dessert. Except for smaller portions which senior's might prefer, there seemed little advantage to selecting this option over the regular menu.