“Very Poor Experience”

Boston Pizza
Ranked #146 of 194 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Very Poor Experience”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have frequently gone to BP's in Medicine Hat and usually service is slow but the food is satisfying. Not so on our most recent visit. We waited several minutes to be seated, our beverages arrived and then it was a 45 minute wait for our meal. The restaurant was not busy but it appeared they may have been understaffed upfront and possibly in the kitchen which may have caused our delay. The restaurant got much busier and everyone had to wait a terribly long time. When our pizza finally arrived it was warm, not hot. It had not been made correctly with toppings missing, and you needed a microscope to find the rest of the topping that were there. Our waitress did go and get the missing topping, but only after I asked to see a menu to confirm what toppings were on the pizza's we ordered. The taste of the pizzas was not very good, and again we found that some of the toppings for the other half of the pizza were also not present and that Italian sausage had been substituted instead of ground beef. We were even delayed in paying our bill with the interact machine at the table as it went around the restaurant before arriving at our table. You would think they would have more than one machine. The quality of the food here has been inconsistent in the past but I could not in good conscience recommend the pizza at Boston Pizza. If you go be prepared to wait (hopefully not as long as we did) and do not order the pizza, there are other menu choices that are much better. They have diversified their menu in so many directions I think they are forgetting that they are a Pizza restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

McAllen, Texas
“Long wait”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very slow services, I had the sliders and the bun was rather hard...we only had appys and it took 30 mins...hate to stay for a full meal.

Looked like a lot of waitress but they didn't seem to know what area they were to be serving. Very unorganized.

• Visited April 2013
Thank Kurt.mr S
Calgary, Canada
“Insulted and embarressed.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had lunch at this "restaurant" over the weekend and were served by Paige. I must say, I have had some bad service, but this lady takes the cake. I asked her if a simple change could be made to accommodate on the menu, and without even considering it, she replied NO and rolled her eyes at me. Just to add insult to injury, she then had the audacity when I was ordering to ask if she had done something to offend me? I chose not to allow her goat me and did not reply, simply repeated my order. She then continued to be stare at me as if I owed her and explanation and ignored the other guests at the table. Needless to say, being in the industry for as long as i have, treating a guest like that would end you up where you belong...on the street.

• Visited January 2013
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Foods OK if you don't mind the wait.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I do not know what it is about the BP franchise but in going to 5 different BPs, including this one, the story is always the same, mediocre and very slow service. Its unfortunate but we actually like the food.

Visited August 2012
Medicine Hat
“Consitently Subpar.”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been to this restaurant many times and consistently have a poor experience (It has not been my choice to keep going back! It just happens!). However, my most recent experience was my worst. Server was at our table three times throughout the entire time we were there. Once to take our order, once to bring us our food (which took over 50 minutes for a party of six when there was all of three other tables in the lounge), and finally to bring us our bills. The server was not very knowledgable regarding the menu and was quite confused when I ordered "Garden greens" with my burger (as that was what was labelled as an available side on the menu). Overall, the server did not seem to care much at all about the business we were bringing to the restaurant. When the food finally arrived, it was subpar. My "Mushroom swiss" burger had greasy fried canned mushrooms and had fully saturated the bottom bun, making it a nearly unpalatable mess. Another guest in my party had the same burger and did not even try hers as she had the same issue. French fried were burnt. Those who ordered pizza did enjoy it. After sitting at a table of empty plates for another 25 minutes or so, another server finally came and took our plates and sent our server with our bills. The other server (who took our plates) was kind enough to void the untouched food off of the bill, but the server assigned to us did not say anything or make any gesture of apology, just handed us our bills. This establishment is overpriced, poorly staffed, unclean, and consistently serves food of poor quality. I will be doing my best to avoid it in the future.