“BEST KEPT SKI HILL SECRET NEAR MEDICINE HAT & ELKWATER LAKE PARK”
Review of Hidden Valley

Hidden Valley
Lethbridge, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“BEST KEPT SKI HILL SECRET NEAR MEDICINE HAT & ELKWATER LAKE PARK”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

i took a group from Methanex in Medicine Hat to this wonderful ski hill a few months ago, & was truly amazed at the Modern, Clean facilities, good food, great new lifts, & runs. The staff are super friendly, and the hill is designed for all levels of skiiers. The road is paved from the Trans Canada Highway #1 to the Day Lodge & total driving time 30-45 minutes from Medicine Hat, depending on weather conditions. Dining both indoors & on their spacious outdoor deck. Barby's on the deck for group use. A licenced lounge upstairs on the second level, along with great dining & views in this very modern building. The restrooms are kept very clean. I highly recommend for families & friends. There are hotels in Medicine Hat (50,000+ population m/l including nearby towns)....

Visited January 2013
1 Thank STEPHEN F K K

Alberta
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great for Beginners!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Our family has visited here a few times each winter for the past 4 winters. Our first 2 years, we never made it past the handle tow with our 3 and 5 year old. They have switched the one handle tow last year for a magic carpet which makes it even easier for the little guys. This was enough to keep them busy and develop their skills when they were new skiiers. A nice gentle slope that requires very little snow-blowing to stop at the bottom! Builds Confidence! Last year we made it to the t-bar, which has two green runs off of it and then went all the way up on the chair lift for another green run. The last time we went was a Saturday in mid-January. We had hockey in the morning so we arrived at noon, got our equipment, and purchased the half-day lift ticket that started at 12:30. The staff of the equipment rental is wonderful- friendly and very helpful while still being efficient. They make you smile as you come in to rent and then again when you return at the end of the day. The lift operators are helpful and patient, even though they are standing out in the cold all day- I realize it is their job- but I appreciate their good nature when I am cold and I know they are even colder. Overall I think this is a wonderful attraction. The kids and I are building our skills before we head to the mountains where my husband learned to ski!

Visited January 2013
Lethbridge
“Good enough”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

For a small hill, it does have a few decent runs, but it is very busy. Watch your kids, lots of punks.

Visited December 2012
Manchester, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best for beginners”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have visited Hidden Valley twice now for lessons as I have never skiied before. I found it far less intimidating the big resorts near Calgary/Banff. On my first visit I opted for the 'first tracks' package which was $69 for a 1hr 50 min lesson, all my equipment hire and a days lift pass. I thought this was excellent value, plus as it was only the first weekend it had opened I was the only one in the group lesson. My instructor was great, really patient and I had another 1hr private lesson with him after lunch which was an extra $50. Food wasn't that expensive for a ski hill and they had a reasonable selection. There was only two runs open when we went but there was 30% off lift passes for my husband so that made up for it. There is also a cute little cafe/bar in Elkwater that doubles as a petrol station which I'd recommend visiting at the end of the day. Definately a good ski hill for beginners or to take your kids too. However with the cheap prices, if all the runs were open, I'm sure intermediate skiiers would also enjoy it here.

Visited December 2012
Medicine Hat, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Day Out”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a great little ski area not far from Medicine Hat. good hill for beginners and a godd place to gain more experience from the excellent instructors. Short runs but great for a day trip to keep your hand in. The cafe is reasonable and there is also quality accomodation available close by in Elkwater. (The Elkwater Lake Lodge).

Visited February 2012