Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat
Hampton.com
$121
$109
Official Hotel
Ace Crown Motel(Medicine Hat)
$46
$45
$89
$87
$94
$68
$70
TripAdvisor
Sun Dek Motel(Medicine Hat)
$53
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjunior suitesausage pattiespancake machinepool areanewer hoteltwo queen bedsfront desk staffbreakfast roomshower headbreakfast was includedhot tubshopping and restaurantsshort driveen routeexcellent staythe trans canada highwaythe room was nice
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

All good comments but one. Good stuff:
Comfy beds
Specious rooms
Very clean
Well kept pool
Wifi good
Love the free breakfast

One issue was the delay in checking in. Many guest rooms were not available at 4pm check in, due to short staffed housekeeping.

Stayed: July 2014
Ryan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

I am happy that you had such a good stay with us here in Medicine Hat and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I had a great stay. Service at front desk was friendly, clean room, comfy bed, good location to highway and services(and a Starbucks) :)
This hotel is not located near downtown.
A lot of parking.
Pool and huge waterside was FUN!!!!
Tiny weight room. Dumb-bells, no universal equipment.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am glad you enjoyed all the facilities and service in the hotel and the amenities located nearby (They know me by name at the Starbucks :) We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Hat..

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I came to stay at this hotel as my first choice messed up the booking. I am glad I came here. The front desk attandent jess was great. Looked after the last minute booking. The Jr suite has lots of space. Its easy to have a few people move around and not run into each other. Lots of hot water and pressure. The breakfast was great. Lots of choice. The orange juice didn't taste watered down. I stayed on the fourth floor in the back. Perfectly quite. I will ask our company travel department to check out this facility.

• Stayed: July 2014
Ryan T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

I am glad that Jess was able to make you feel at home and that you enjoyed our hotel. we would love to have you and your colleagues again in the future and I assure you they will have an equally enjoyable time.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights at this property - we have stayed in several hotels in Medicine Hat but this was the first time we had booked at the Holiday Inn. The rooms were really spacious and clean and the pool area/waterslide is fantastic for children.
I was really quite disappointed in the breakfast. I am certain I could have eaten a fresher breakfast at McDonalds. Every thing offered was highly processed from the long life bread to the rubbery eggs. There were a couple of apples and bananas out but they were old and not of good quality. I also found the room rates to be fairly high for what we were receiving. While the other options for hotels in Medicine Hat are uninspired, I'm unsure if I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear JJReid1030,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the rooms.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the breakfast selection. We will address this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We just completed a cross-Canada road trip and Holiday Inn Expresses were an outstanding pit stop. Functionally they offered everything we needed. Right off the Trans Canada highway, so that if we were driving in at night we did not have to hunt out the location. Each one - and we stayed in several - offered the same good quality beds, large room, fridge, decent bathroom, free wi-fi, edible breakfast, and a small but workable gym. And then easy and quick access back onto the highway. We were able to book online as we drove, allowing us to book "just in time" for our arrival. The functional consistency was something we could count on, relieving any anxiety we might have had knowing what bed we would be sleeping in. One evening we spent at a four-star Fairmont hotel and while the decor was much nicer, and the breakfasts more elaborate, Holiday Inn Express outdid it in the price-value equation. The friendly service at each Holiday Inn Express was the additional feature that would tip me in favour of staying there. And this is written by a "princess" who typically opts for luxury over basic function.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank PickyTraveller2014

It is the goal of all Holiday Inn Expresses to provide a product and service that they can rely on no matter which hotel they stay at, and I am happy to see that we are having success. we look forward to being your brand of choice for many years in the future.