Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Been a while since we visited the Hat but as usual we stayed at the HI and as usual they go about their business of doing everything well. The only complaint we had was a stain on the shower curtain. No big deal. And having access to coffee all day in the common area is always nice. Well done!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wadero1965

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel while enroute from Regina to Calgary. I've stayed at this hotel in the past, and this time did not disappoint. Check-in was quick. My room was spaceous and comfortable. Parking and wireless internet were both free. The pool and hot tub were a nice way to relax after a day of traveling. Breakfast was included and offered many selections. Overall, it was an excellent stay. I would recommend this hotel for both families and business travelers.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank PsychRN12
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great experience overall. We have a family of 6 and were more than pleased with the size of the rooms. We usually have to get 2 hotel rooms with the size of our family, but with the sofabed in the rooms everybody slept very comfortably. Pool area was fantastic! Having 4 children to keep an eye on is difficult in the pool, but having the lifeguard on duty was an added bonus and let my husband and I relax and enjoy it more. The breakfast was also great! Lots of options and delicious food. Pancake machine was cool and my kids loved it. The hotel was fully booked this weekend and there was no lack of food. The staff doing the breakfast were constantly cleaning tables and replacing the food. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will be back again!

Room Tip: Great hotel for larger families
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you very much for your nice comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Holiday Inn was founded on making family travel more pleasant and cost effective and reading your review this morning really reminded me of that. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you and your gang back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was here in March for an quick overnight stay for business. I was really hesitant on having to stay in the area as all of the hotels are definitely not something I would ever choose. The very friendly lady at Care Cabs took me from the airport to the hotel and I later found out they were the shuttle for this hotel so I didn't have to pay for the ride. It was a quick 10 minute journey. I was greeted with a friendly and warm smile at check in and quickly had my room key for 427. They advised me where breakfast would be the following morning and when. I did ask for a quiet room away from the elevators when I booked the hotel and that is exactly what I got. I didn't hear a peep all night. The room is quite large with 2 queens and the bed was comfortable with the selection of soft or firm pillows. There was a TV which I didn't use, 1 sitting chair and 1 arm chair. The room was impeccably clean. The shower quickly produced a lot of hot water although there is a lot of lime build up on the shower head and it didn't let me pull the faucet enough to have all the water flow upwards. In the morning, the ladies in the large breakfast room greeted me with a big smile and good morning greeting. They offered scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bagels, English muffins toast, cereal, bananas, milk, tea, coffee, 4 types of juice. The hotel is easily within walking distance of a grocery store, Walmart, restaurants, etc. If I'm in the area again, I would definitely stay here again. The service was very good and the rooms very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank teeth-on-fork
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to share their experience with us as it makes our team feel recognized for all their hard work so I thank you for that. We thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had a great time, the rooms are large and clean. The staff are verry friendly, everyone of them says hello or good morning. The kids enjoyed the pool and water slide. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.....Way better than the Days Inn....dont go there...ever

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Jason K
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your nice comments and for choosing to stay with us. Our team works very hard to make sure each and every guest has a great stay and they will be happy that they hit the mark with your stay. We hope that on your next visit to town you will stay with us and we look forward to making your next stay even better.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times on various different occasions and I've found it to be an excellent place to spend the night. The rooms are well accommodated and the hotel is fairly quiet. It's located reasonably close to restaurants and other amenities. The breakfast is typical Holiday Inn fair, I certainly have no problem finding enough variety to please me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank tech5709

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel is always a happy place for us. We travel from Regina to Fairmont, B.C (about 12hrs driving time). This hotel has saved us from some awful winter storms. The rooms are clean and beds very comfortable. The front desk staff are high quality (always willing to help out). The pool is nice and my kids love the water slide. The breakfast is included and is really a treat. I always leave happy and ready to come back. BRAVO!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank TLC23

Thank you very much for you nice comments and we are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our waterslide is always a huge hit with the kids and we are glad that your family got to enjoy it. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Fairmont.