“IHG - awesome as usual”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Medicine Hat
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites, is always a good choice for us. Our son plays baseball around the province, so I prefer to stay at HI whenever I can. Great room, great staff and love those breakfast pancakes!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank QVictoria41
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband works out of town alot and stays in all kinds of hotels, myself and our daughter will join him on the weeks if hes not to far away. This hotel was easy and nice to get to. When we arrived my husband had already been their for a night and was to busy working late to notice much. The shower head was dissgusting I had to request for them to take CLR to it as it looked like it had not been cleaned in years, the swimming pool was frezzing my 2yr old could not swimm the entire weekend as well as the hot tub was to hot could only handle it for maybe 5min. We went up the moldy mudy stairs to the slid, our daughter loved the slide. When it came to breakfast the food was good only when it was scrambled eggs and bacon, as well the cinnimon buns like they said was great. We got stuck in a joining room which make the entire weekend stay unbearable, you can hear everything that is going on in the next room even if their is wispering and for some reason being on the first floor made it worse. We have stayed on the first floor several times but this time their is not sound proffing between the walls and the floors, we barly slept and my husband had to be up at 5am everyday just to go to work.

I do not recommend this hotel at all unless they change their cleanliness and the moring desk staff member is not terribly rude

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I am sorry to hear about the issues you had during your stay. With regards to the pool temperature, we set it to be 84 degrees at all times, I am currently having the system checked to see why it may have fallen below that during your stay and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. We are also in the planning stages of resurfacing our entire pool deck and the stairs up to the waterslide, as you could imagine it takes a lot of use with the amount of families enjoying the pool area on a daily basis and it is time for a refresh, which will be completed by early next year. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and your daughter had fun on the waterslide. I appreciate you letting me know about these issues to give us a chance to rectify them going forward.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I frequent this location for business purposes and have always enjoyed pleasant occurrences. I have not reviewed before but feel compelled to do so on this occasion. Wonderful place to stay; and primary reason is staff that understands the value of its customers. With a late booking and a full facility the manager went well beyond expectations to monitor bookings ,keep in touch with me,and make room for me when i needed it. Thank you very much Nicole. As i have stated i have stayed here when needed for many years and the fact that i always see the same faces, at the counter, in the breakfast lounge etc, that all tells me wonderful management and satisfied staff, followed by satisfied you.
PS the room upgrade was unexpected and appreciated. Thanks again. See you next time.

Sincerely L Mussell

Room Tip: Book early,popular and busy location. Not a bad room in the room. I always try to keep to higher flo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mussell123
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice clean rooms and I am VERY VERY picky. I inspect everything. Easy to find. Nice new decor. Great large King beds and soft pillows. Kids enjoyed pool and water-slide although the slide is a bit cold. Great warm breakfast with lots of choices and lots of room to sit even at peak times. Only con was a dripping bathtub faucet. Other than someone swiping my 6 year olds flip flops from the pool (who does that!). Staff was great in trying to help us locate them, or letting us know if anyone turned them in. Overall great stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandi W
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you taking the time to share your nice comments, our team is always so excited to hear that they have made a guests stay memorable. I am sorry to hear that someone took your son’s flip flops, sometimes people can be very inconsiderate and I apologize for that. WE hope you travels bring you back to Medicine Hat soon and are looking forward to seeing you then.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've stayed here a number of times and love it. They are nice, have a good breakfast, and nice pool area.

But one of the biggest reasons we stay here is that we can stay here with all 3 of our dogs and there are never any issues, or extra fee's. no need to sneak one in like Every other hotel we've stayed in everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank khemikalhardkore
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments and thank you for staying with us. It is always our goal to make all guests comfortable and happy during their stay, and that includes our 4 legged guests. And we are glad to see that we hit the mark with your family. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Medicine hat and thank you again for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on August 31, 2013 along with our boxer. Since we haven't travelled with our pet much we are always worried that the room will be sub standard as they usually only put people travelling with pets in certain rooms. We like clean and that is what we got. The hotel and the room were very clean. The staff was friendly and we had no problems during our stay. We cannot say enough about how glad we were to be able to enjoy our stay with them.
We will definitely be staying there again. We were all treated with hospitality including our boxer.
Thank You for the pleasant experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bacn59

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your nice comment on to our team who will be very happy to hear about your stay. Your experience should never change just because your four legged family member is with you and I am happy to hear that all of you were able to enjoy your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you for your nice comments.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We used to be Platinum Priority Club members and the HIE in Medicine Hat is, in our opinion, one of the best managed and best kept hotels in their Canadian chain. Staff are most considerate of repeat guest. The hotel exterior is inviting. Nice lobby area. Good, well trained staff. Hotel halls, common areas, pool, exercise room and guest rooms are very clean. Great mattress, pillows and towels. Flat screen TV's with good channel selections. Easy access to/from highway (beware of current interchange construction) and a good number of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. Usual HIE breakfast fare in a nice dinning area. This is our choice of hotels in Medicine Hat. Even though room rates may be a bit higher than competitors, the extra you will sped is worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doug B
Ryan T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Medicine Hat, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share you nice comments about our hotel. Our team is always working to provide the best experience possible to our guests and they will be delighted to hear your nice comment. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing us.