“Seems to be slipping!”

Ralph's Texas Bar & SteakHouse
Ranked #9 of 199 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 3 different experiences in one building - Steakhouse restaurant serving dinner, Sportsbar/Pub with homemade pub food menu and TV's surrounding you, and Nightclub with live music and dance floor (and mechanical bull on Thursdays. Whether you are looking for a hand cut Sterling Silver Alberta steak, a good night dancing, or just a relaxed atmosphere to hang out, Ralph's has it all. The building is massive including separate banquet facilities, an upstairs lounge, live entertainment and special events. The sports pub is open Mon-Sat 11am-12am (or later), and the steakhouse is open Wed-Sat 5pm-10pm, and nightclub is open Thursday-Saturday until 2am (Mechanical bull Thursdays starting at 9pm)
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Let me start this review with the fact that this used to be one of my favorite places for a meal in Medicine Hat.

In the past month I have visited Ralph's four times. Three times in the restaurant and once in the sports bar.

The sports bar is great and the sandwiches phenomenal. Service is great as well.

The restaurant on the other hand has been a huge disappointment and I'm not sure if I'll return. The service was very slow and the product knowledge of the waitresses has been poor. The meals have generally overcooked, or missing key components that we were not told about until the meal arrives at the table. On one occasion they did adjust the bill but it still was a poor.experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Always too loud, service too slow, food over priced but at least the food is good but not great and there are many places in Medicine Hat with food as good and better service.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had heard a lot about this place over the years, but never got the opportunity to eat here. I quickly found out that I had been missing out on some fantastic food. I had a chicken and rib dinner that was to die for. The service was very good despite the restaurant being quite busy. The complementary tortilla chips and the salsa bar is a nice touch. The meals are quite pricy, like some other TA posters have mentioned, but, the meal that I had was worth every penny. I cannot wait to return to Ralphs.

1  Thank PMedKing
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The desk clerk at our hotel recommended this restaurant to us. It was located in waling distance to the hotel (Coast Hotel) and we were impressed with the service. The meals were great, and we loved the nacho bar. Overall a great atmosphere and great experience :)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The service, food and atmosphere of this place was unbelievable. We had a table of 26-28 and our food was on the table at the same time, hot, tasteful and not one persons meal was cooked incorrectly. They had awesome live entertainment later in the night and everyone had an awesome time. The only bad thing I got out of this place was a hangover LOL! It's a clean place that can accomodate all ages at any time.