“Not Bad”

Turners Family Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Locally owned and operated in the Medicine Hat Mall. Featuring homestyle cooking at a great price with fast, friendly service.
“Not Bad”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had lunch there for the first time. Decor is a bit dated. Waitress was very attentive with our order. The food wasn't bad. Good place if you want just a basic meal.

• Visited May 2013
SteveTurner22, Owner at Turners Family Restaurant, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for you review and I am glad you found your experiance here "Not Bad". Based on what you wrote my guess is you came in at lunch and ordered one of our lunch specials without taking much of a look at our menu(if any). We have a extensive menu, that is in no way basic, with many great items our customers love. Thanks again.

Medicine Hat, Canada
“Needs an Attitude Adjustment”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went there on Victoria Day 10 minutes before the posted opening time of 9am. My husband was waiting outside the door and was told by a man with 2 signs in his hand (letting customers know of the opening time change) that they would not open for another hour. That was a little annoying so I let them know on their Facebook page. Sunday opening hour is posted as 9am, so sure did not expect the holiday opening hour to change especially since this restaurant serves breakfast. I got a lame excuse as to the signage (I was late with my signs and Facebook does not have a special holiday hours section); my comment was eventually removed from their FB page after I was berated by someone who thought that unless I owned a business, I should not be giving business advice to anybody. All I said was that unreliable hours of operation were a business killer and they could have posted the time change the day before on their FB page. (They could have also posted it on the restaurant door more than 10 minutes in advance.)

I find some of the comments by the owners on reviews on this page condescending - they do not seem to get that the customer is always right. My husband and I have enjoyed their food before but this crummy attitude towards customers has changed my mind about going there anymore.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank allardkg
SteveTurner22, Owner at Turners Family Restaurant, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I would like to start off by once again apologizing for the inconvenience you had due to our holiday hours and the fact that you feel more could have been done to inform you of those changes. Secondly, as far as anything that was said on Facebook goes I only apologized to you on there as well. It was another customer who pointed out an alternate opinion on the matter to which you replied in great detail in a less than calm manner. The other customer requested it be removed after seeing your reaction and how unproductive it was. Had he not requested I probably would of removed it anyways as the matter was now resolved and the majority of the comments were entirely off topic.

Now what I find very interesting is the fact you state you have ate here before and if you were coming back perhaps a 3rd or 4th time you must have been satisfied with the restaurant and yet you choose not to review my establishment. It was only after a minor miscommunication that you choose to sign up for a tripadvisor account and write a quite inflammatory review. Just some food for thought for anybody reading this review and response.
“Great Service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went there for the first time last week for supper. Everything about our experience was great. We both had the turkey dinner. It was as close as possible to a home cooked meal. The service was fast and friendly as well. The portion was huge I think next time I will order the seniors portion.

• Visited February 2013
Medicine Hat
“Cold food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife ordered a salad but got frys and 3 out 3 frys were cold. Fist time back after it changed from Smitties. Service was as the past good. Was charged an extra coffee but had that changed. My frys were reheated but still not hot. Will I go back, and try it maybe.

• Visited November 2012
SteveTurner22, Owner at Turners Family Restaurant, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I was surprised with your review as neither myself or the other two owners were not aware of any such problems occuring and I do appologize if your visit was not to your satisfaction. What you seem to be describing is not an acceptable experience for our customers. Unfortunately your review is a little difficult to understand and seems to be missing some details so the best way to solve this would be to come talk to either myself or one of the other owners (one of us is always here) and we can come up with a way to fix this for you. Again my appologies.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Had a Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We dined there while shopping at the local mall while on a bus tour. Our server was wonderful, attentive and prompt. Our food was very good and seemed like home made. The restaurant was clean and relaxed.. It was a pretty good value with huge portions. It was a great option instead of the food court.

• Visited July 2012