“great nachos”

Local Public Eatery
Ranked #2 of 194 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: kind of like your living room, just with better food and people to serve you beer. …fanatical about craft beer and rotating new selections every day
Winkler, Canada
“great nachos”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had a wonderful afternoon on the Local Pub patio. Great atmosphere. Awesome appetizers and they serve Steam Whistle Draft. Staff are friendly and professional and really know the way around the menu.

Medicine Hat, Canada
“Great atmosphere. Awesome food.”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I love the location and atmosphere. It is like a pub but kids can go. The food is great and everyone is very friendly.

“OVERATED”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have eaten at the Local 3 times. This was twice too many times. The service sucks big time. My wife was finished her meal before mine came. This is for hamburgers. The taste is mediocre. I guess when you drink more the food tastes better.The other time we ate there it was too long a wait for the food and the server suck. I guess if you drinking they like it better because they figure they will get bigger tips. I do not recommend this place. This is a pub and you need ear plugs so you don't go deaf.

• Visited June 2013
“A gem in the city”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've been to Local lot's so I thought it was about time I wrote a review on them. One of the main reasons I choose here over other restaurants / bars in the city is their amazing beer selection. They seem to have several new beers to try every time I go there which is very refreshing (excuse the pun) and is great for someone like me who is a fan of micro-brewed craft beers.
The atmosphere is usually lively with friday and saturday nights getting particularly busy, although the afternoons seem to be more calm and relaxed. A few times i've gone alone and sat at the bar and have always found someone to talk to (even the bartenders are friendly and now know me by my first name). The patio is great and recently won 'best patio in Medicine Hat' however the metal tables can sometimes get a bit hot in the sun.There is also live music once a week (i think on thursdays) which you don't see enough of in this city.
The menu is not big but the food they do is always done really well. I've never had to send anything back because it was not done as I had ordered etc. They also do a 'late night eats' menu with half price wings and $3 sliders which has saved me a few times :)
Overall i'm more than a bit of a fan of this pub and for good reason. I recommend checking it out if you're looking for a hip and modern place to eat and drink and to let your hair down for a few hours.

2 Thank ndh123
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We ate at Local a while ago and were not impressed, at all!!
Waitresses were slow taking our order, and never bothered to check back to see how our meal was thus far. She was, however, perky, smily and chatty when she brought us our bill!
The bartender was more interested in chatting with people at the bar and watching hockey on tv than in making our drinks....which by the way took way longer than necessary!
There was nothing special about the food. The menu was very limited....only one or two things that 'kinda' seemed like it would be something I would 'like' to eat. It wasn't great, but it was edible.
It seemed to us that the staff catered to the 'younger crowd' more so than to middle aged people....which is unfortunate because Medicine Hat has a lot of 'older' people that like to go out to dinner once in a while.......and clearly the staff seems not to care about us, but have all kinds of time to chit chat with younger customers.
Won't go back there......ever!

• Visited January 2014