“Nice atmosphere”

Twist Wine & Tapas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

A nice place to eat with a comfortable atmosphere. Musician was very good. The food was very good but not great we had the chicken which was reasonably tasty but in reality was a chicken breast covered in canned tomatoes and some pan fried peppers with feta on top fairly straight forward for 24 dollars (Thai orchid does high quality lobster for 25). Service was excellent and the wine was not bad. A better chef would take this place to the next level which I think the owner is trying to achieve.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visited on a Thursday, and the restaurant had a live musician playing soft music. The setting was very cozy and felt private. The food was excellent and we were served by one of the co-owners which made the experience even more intimate. Together with the live music, the great wine and food, and the prompt service it was an amazing experience. The price was on the high end, but I felt the food was as good as any I had in European restaurants of the same nature. I felt we got what we paid for.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went with a group of adults, really enjoyed the intimate nature and staff was very pleasant.
One couple had tapas, which was good but not wow, and on price point did seem a bit expensive when portions appeared. $14 on average but the portions were quite tiny.( I know it is Tapas, but all the same they were small on price point we thought )The coconut shrimp, I would have doubted to be house made, they were pretty reminiscent of pre frozen coconut shrimp.

The cheese platter was pretty sad ; a lot of crackers , some fruit and even less cheese. The cheeses were all pretty ordinary, ones I I have in my fridge from Costco., Boursin, smoked gouda etc. topped with a handful of pecans. Another couple people had the pasta chicken special but all said that while it was good they played a lot of hide and seek with the chicken as there was not much in the dish.

Had thought to order dessert but it was not in house made so we passed. While we enjoyed our evening it was more due to the ambiance than being wowed by the food...has potential but does have some menu rethinking to do.

2  Thank Magic07
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I met a friend for lunch at Twist as I'd heard so many good things about this restaurant. The decor is comfortable and modern. The tables are spaced well enough that you feel like you can easily have a conversation without intrusion. I found the wait staff to be very prompt, attentive and pleasant.

My friend had the soup special of the day which was a vegetable, pecan, lentil bean and she also ordered the Andalucian salad. Both were a hit. I had the Twist BLT with a side of yam fries. I found the sandwich to be wonderful as it had a tangy mustard with a bit of bite (lime I believe). The yam fries were the disappointment as they were soggy and only lukewarm.

At the end, we both agreed that we'd be back though not so often as lunch was a bit pricier than either of us had expected. Overall, our experience was very good but for lunch it was more out of pocket than one would expect.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We always enjoy our time here and the variety of food on the menu is unique. Not served any where else.