“Wear earplugs if you go for a meal”

Original Joe’s Medicine Hat
Ranked #43 of 196 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Burgers, pub food
Medicine Hat, Canada
“Wear earplugs if you go for a meal”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I'm a senior, I'll say that right away with this review. I like a pint with my meal, but I also like to have a conversation while dining. Not having been in any other Original Joe's, other than the one here in Medicine Hat, I cannot rate the franchise as a whole. This location is very noisy. The industrial style ceiling, with it's metal beams is a sound magnet and needs some form of dampening. They could still play the music, but at least the noise from customers, staff and TV's would not reverberate throughout the restaurant and bar. They have plenty of seating and the staff are very pleasant and efficient. Food and drink are reasonably priced. I had the Grilled Chicken Burger, with a choice of two sides, which I enjoyed. My wife had ribs, which she said were not very hot. This location of the franchise has free WiFi, which is a plus in my book. I would rate Original Joe's in Medicine Hat higher, but they need to do something about the noise. Then again, maybe the younger generation likes the cacophony.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank delichef

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I expected better”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

There were very few people in the restaurant and the service was slow. Our drink order was incorrect. The food was salty, fresh ingredients are not used (instant potatoes), and the cost was not worth it. Restaurant was well kept and clean.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Dwayne J
Alberta, Canada
“It was ok”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service was average and the food was pretty good. It was very warm in there as the ac did not seem to be working. I find the place to be a bit too noisy to have any conversation. There were 6 of us and I could not hear the people sitting across from me. Not so great for a group gathering.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank elegance999
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waitress was amazeballs but the cooks are idiots.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Long story short: read title.

Ordered a double dog with no onions or mustard. Received a double dog with onions and mustard. The waitress(she) asked how it was and I told her the mistake. When she brought it back it had no onions or mustard! Good right? No! It also didn't have the bacon and cheese it was supposed to have also! So again she asked me how it was and again I explained it wasn't right. She promptly returned with bacon and cheese. I can't for the life of me remember her name but she was extremely nice and for that I would consider giving this place the benefit of the doubt.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Reviewer_of_Stuff
Calgary, Canada
“Casual atmosphere”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staff is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable. Good service & speedy. Good portion sizes & value. Convenient location around hotels & shopping.

Visited July 2013