“My meal OK, wife`s was terrible”

Original Joe’s Medicine Hat
Ranked #48 of 199 Restaurants in Medicine Hat
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Burgers, pub food
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Everyone I have talked too either love or hate this place. I do not plan on going back too soon. Service was average, nothing great. Servers were distracted, no supervision that I could see. It took over 20 minutes for our food on a quiet Sunday night which would not of been so bad had our server checked on us during that time. The really bad thing was our server knowingly brought my wife a burnt steak and it had to be sent back with more of a wait for a proper steak. Not much of an apology or any concession made. My burger was OK but I have had better at many places in town.

1  Thank Jamie W

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Eat here often and must say I have never had a bad meal. Had the wings this time and they were tasty good! Also tried the Joes Blonde Light beer and liked it better than the Blonde draft. Keep up the good work and the great food. Heard the store is now owned corporately with new managers. Was very happy with the old manager he always greeted us and had a great smile and very positive attitude. Infectious laugh too! We will surely be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The restaurant was full when I arrived at supper time. The staff were friendly and efficent and I had a table within 10 minutes. I ordered a clubhouse with a salad. I did not like the salad dressing and my server replaced it with no problem. Great service and good experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have been here over a dozen times and have never been disappointed. Staff is always friendly even now and again you can tell who the newer waitress are forgetting the little things. Which really is not a big deal as things are corrected immediately. Menu is good and we have tried so many different things. Great place, relaxing...only complaint is it tends to be rather dark and the lighting could be better.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We really enjoying going to OJ's in our city. The service is always good. I think their lettuce wraps are amazing and should be on the menu ALWAYS. We enjoy the bruschetta a lot, as well as the chicken wings. Margueritas aren't the greatest. Margueritas aside, I have given it a 10/10 the last few times I have eaten the above food there!