“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Whilst the from the outside this doesn't look like much the food and the service are excellent. This is easily the best place in Medicine Hat for a nice dinner as a couple or with friends.

1  Thank Limey B
pvchina, Owner at From Scratch Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

I am so glad you enjoyed your evening with us, it is always my pleasure to serve such nice people

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was on a business trip with 3 coworkers and we dropped in for dinner tonight. China is a charismatic and entertaining hostess and provides a fabulous meal, even without a reservation. I will recommend her restaurant as a delicious stop for anyone visiting or living in Medicine Hat.

1  Thank Lee Ann A
Reviewed March 6, 2014

went there for my birthday and China made the whole family feel welcome ,the children sure liked how she welcomed them to .It felt like a family restaurant ,one welcoming woman China .The 3 granddaughters liked the pizzas and the varity was sure nice some for every appetite ,the Michaelangelo was really tasty.My favorite dessert was the pena cotta it was a tasty creamy one .the nachos are yes like no other and we all loved them a dish you really want to lick the plate and we did not.You will not be sorry when you go to From Scatch as its a great place to eat and have good service .

3  Thank Dixiechic59
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Homemade potato soup today was so yummy on this snowy day. We have had only excellent service, & fantastic tasting food here. Chef China always remembers us & the fact that I am gluten free as well. Still the best place in town to eat!

2  Thank Look4-2
Reviewed February 26, 2014

From Scratch is a true dining experience. The owner is always introducing new menu items which are a unique blend of French, Italian, and other influences. Crepes are one of their specialties and are all equisite be they savoury or sweet. I haven't gone wrong with an appetizer there yet, but the prosciutto wrapped dates and Italian nachos are my favourite. Lots of great meals all made From Scratch!

1  Thank durn2000
pvchina, Owner at From Scratch Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

The out pour of love is overwhelming, thank you so much for your kind words. It is truly my pleasure to create and prepare the menu for you. I try to keep romance and excitement in mind when preparing our Valentine's Dinner, so I look for foods that feel sexy or romantic to my pallet. Knowing you enjoyed your Valentine's indeed pleases me and I look forward to service you and yours soon. China